This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope they fix some of the oddities of Pokemon this gen

#1ConflagrationPosted 7/16/2013 9:32:39 AM
Like the fact that Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed, whereas Nidorino and Nidoking can...
Like how certain Pokemon without a tail can learn Iron Tail... etc.

Ugh, I wish they could fix the fact that Nidoran female is classified as a diff. Pokemon from Nidoran male, whereas for example male and female Jellicent are classified as a single Pokemon, even though they have lots of differences. They can't really mess with the Pokedex numbers, though.

If you take this into consideration, there's only 150 Pokemon in Gen I >.>
#2Strain42Posted 7/16/2013 9:34:07 AM
To fix something it first has to be broken. Few things mentioned here apply.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#3bd43Posted 7/16/2013 9:37:12 AM
Female and Male Nidoran will never be combined, short of some mass sweep of Pokedex fixing plus an illicit need to shrink the dex by 2.
---
Thinking is overrated. Like Pants.
#4jakovuPosted 7/16/2013 9:37:44 AM
Conflagration posted...
Ugh, I wish they could fix the fact that Nidoran female is classified as a diff. Pokemon from Nidoran male, whereas for example male and female Jellicent are classified as a single Pokemon, even though they have lots of differences.

The only difference between M/F Jellicent is appearance. The Nidorans not only have different appearances, but different base stats and movepools.
#5Conflagration(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 9:39:00 AM
I already said that they can't mess with the Pokedex.

Mainly I think it's stupid that Nidorino and Nidoking can breed but for some unexplained reason, their female counterparts can't. This can easily be fixed.
#6KitschgardenerPosted 7/16/2013 9:40:23 AM
Nidoran F and M have different movepools, stats and EV yields, so they're quite different.

I'd like to see Someone's PC changed to whoever the admin is from the start, as well as keeping the currency in yen (localising a game by replacing a real-world currency with a made-up one? Mmm).
#7Strain42Posted 7/16/2013 9:42:04 AM
Mainly I think it's stupid that Nidorino and Nidoking can breed but for some unexplained reason, their female counterparts can't. This can easily be fixed.

They're going through PokeMonopause. Show some respect. They're sensitive about it.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#8Conflagration(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 9:42:51 AM
jakovu, yeah I actually realized that they have different stats after I posted this, so yeah I guess that does make it okay that they're classified as different Pokemon.
#9InkayPosted 7/16/2013 10:33:15 AM
The only thing that really needs "fixing" is Azurill.
---
OvO
#10Meta289Posted 7/16/2013 10:36:07 AM
Conflagration posted...
Ugh, I wish they could fix the fact that Nidoran female is classified as a diff. Pokemon from Nidoran male, whereas for example male and female Jellicent are classified as a single Pokemon, even though they have lots of differences.

The difference between male and female Jellicent is entirely aesthetic. Male and female Nidoran have completely different stats.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.