This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I know Gamefreak is less likely to retcon Pokemon typings for Fairy, however...

#11jayman7Posted 7/16/2013 11:14:37 AM
Keep in mind, guys: there are 27 Ghost-types as of the fifth gen, and that's the rarest type. It's completely reasonable to change quite a lot of older-gen Pokémon so that they don't have to fill a third of the sixth-gens with Fairy types.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#12legitgamer405Posted 7/16/2013 11:16:27 AM
Strain42 posted...
jayman7 posted...
Rotom's alternate formes were Electric/Ghost in the fourth gen and Electric/Not-Ghost in the fifth. I wouldn't say that changing a dualtype is unprecedented.

This is admittedly true, and while I'm not going to use this as my argument, that's something that should have been done from the start.

Obviously Togetic/Togekiss couldn't have been Fairy from the start since it didn't exist, but I just don't see any good reason for Togekiss to become a Fairy type when it already has two types.

The only reasons I hear from people to change Togetic/Togekiss are "It's in the Fairy egg group" and "It looks like a Fairy" and I'm not going to say any of those reasons are wrong, but there are plenty of single type Pokemon that meet both of those qualifications that would be better off with gaining a dual type rather than simply changing one that already is.

I'm still personally hoping they'll keep retcons to a respectable minimum, and I think a really big part of that would be not messing with Pokemon that are already dual typed.

It doesn't really matter to me, unless that Pokemon gains a bunch of new weaknesses. Some Pokemon being retconned into other types are totally fine to me. I just don't want a lot of them being change
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641
#13Strain42Posted 7/16/2013 11:17:25 AM
I'd rather they just not feel the need to play catch up with Fairy type right out the gate.

We don't need 30-40 Fairy types just so that it'll be on par with a few other types.

Just do a couple retcons, introduce a fair amount throughout the next few gens, it'll eventually happen organically.

If they try to do too much, Gen 6 will just become known as the Gen of the Fairy, and I'd rather not see that happen

(I know you're not necessarily claiming that)
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#14legitgamer405Posted 7/16/2013 11:18:41 AM
Strain42 posted...

If they try to do too much, Gen 6 will just become known as the Gen of the Fairy, and I'd rather not see that happen

(I know you're not necessarily claiming that)

Gen of the Fairy? Sounds pretty cool to me. :)
---
#15DotA_GCPosted 7/16/2013 11:19:50 AM
Strain42 posted...
I don't really have anything to back up this other than precedent, which I don't think it ever a good source of evidence, but I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

I don't think they should mess with any Pokemon that are already dual typed. It's kind of a dick move.

They already have 2 types, leave 'em alone.

At least that's what I hope they do.

I agree with this for the most part.. However not in this case. Togekiss - c'mon that has fairy written all over it. Plus it's a normal/flying type - one of the most overdone (and most boring, IMO) dual typings there is. I'm all for some normal/flying types getting changed, especially when such an obvious swap like this one is available.
#16legitgamer405Posted 7/16/2013 11:22:22 AM
DotA_GC posted...
Strain42 posted...
I don't really have anything to back up this other than precedent, which I don't think it ever a good source of evidence, but I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

I don't think they should mess with any Pokemon that are already dual typed. It's kind of a dick move.

They already have 2 types, leave 'em alone.

At least that's what I hope they do.

I agree with this for the most part.. However not in this case. Togekiss - c'mon that has fairy written all over it. Plus it's a normal/flying type - one of the most overdone (and most boring, IMO) dual typings there is. I'm all for some normal/flying types getting changed, especially when such an obvious swap like this one is available.

If Togekiss does turn into a Fairy/Flying, it would make sense. I just don't want Game Freak going overboard and changing every Pokemon they think can be a Fairy-type into Fairy-type. I've been lists of Pokemon which people list over 40 Pokemon to be retconned into Fairy type. But that most likely won't happen. I just don't want some of my favorite Pokemon to turn into the Fairy-type.
---
#17Strain42Posted 7/16/2013 11:30:31 AM
I'd understand why if they did. I'm just saying if like Togekiss becomes part Fairy but say like Audino doesn't, I'd be kind of annoyed.
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020