This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Nintendo should bundle a pack of Pokeman cards with Pokeman X and Y.

#21PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/17/2013 6:06:23 AM
GlitterGuns posted...
FuneralCake posted...
THMBZDownGNZUp posted...
Wow, you must REALLY hate the golden age of Pokeman.

The golden age of Pokemon? You mean right now?

Golden Age was 1998 - 2000, though arguably 1999 was the Golden Year.
After Gold & Silver it seemed like there was a sharp drop in popularity that not even the immaculate Hoenn could salvage.

True
My brothers and hell lot of peoplei knew stopped playing at Hoenn. I was like the last man standing on Earth, pretty sad times which is why i don't like gen 3
---
My mother used to say i was a little reverend, that's why they call me God number seven
#22THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 9:13:19 AM
DarkHeroRaven posted...
Why wouldn't she be? X/Y look ****ing fantastic and the best the series has produced thus far

Believe it or not, nostalgia does not = golden age

Wrong. That isn't to say that Pokeman X and Y will be bad games, they're shaping up to be great. But to suggest that we're currently in the golden age, you'd have to be kidding yourself or too young to understand what Pokeman was really like. Read below:

Milso posted...
While the games still sell well, this is absolutely not the golden age of Pokemon. There was a time when *everything* was about Pokemon. You couldn't move in shops for merchandise and kids playing the game or TCG on the street.

The series is absolutely still popular and successful, but not to those levels.

GlitterGuns posted...
Golden Age was 1998 - 2000, though arguably 1999 was the Golden Year.
After Gold & Silver it seemed like there was a sharp drop in popularity that not even the immaculate Hoenn could salvage.

PrettyTonyTiger posted...
True
My brothers and hell lot of peoplei knew stopped playing at Hoenn. I was like the last man standing on Earth, pretty sad times which is why i don't like gen 3
#23kabigon20Posted 7/17/2013 9:15:10 AM
Eww pokemon CCG, play a real mans card game. Like Kaijudo ;)
---
Brawl fc: 0946-1910-2716 Pokemon Black 2 fc: 5372-8298-8628
Ruby/Sapphire remakes will be part of 6th gen on 3DS. If not, I'll close my account.
#24ZabuzadonoPosted 7/17/2013 9:27:17 AM
I wouldn't mind it if it didn't make the game cost any more than it already is priced at... It might even make more kiddies to pick up the CCG - which in turn makes the franchise money.

I would just be happy with the opportunity of getting the game for "free" if I get the right pack in the game... I remember you could get almost 50% of the cost for the game back from selling the cards that came with the YuGiOh games...
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner
#25legitgamer405Posted 7/17/2013 10:01:27 AM
Is a Pokeman a Pokemon fused together with a man? Lol. Ooh I'd like to see that happen with Loppubg, Gardevoir, or Jynx.
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641
#26THMBZDownGNZUp(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 8:37:24 PM
Be-all/end-all Confirm/Deny:

Nintendo should install onto Pokeman X and Y this -- http://youtu.be/JuYeHPFR3f0
#27SakurafanboyPosted 7/17/2013 8:40:40 PM
No thanks, this isn't YGO! (thank god).
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)