This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rumor: Ash is 16 in the new anime.

#1Dark_ZoroarkPosted 7/16/2013 12:39:13 PM
Not bad!
---
ATTN: This user is forbidden to post forever, its account will be Banned in 3 days.
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=1947548
#2surferguy7Posted 7/16/2013 12:39:54 PM
Source
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#3GAMERCAMRYPosted 7/16/2013 12:40:08 PM
Pics
---
Chuck Norris once ordered a Big Mac at Burger King....and got one.
3ds FC: 1461-6293-8802 Name: Tap Tap AC:NL Town Name: Arcadian
#4TranquilSeaPosted 7/16/2013 12:42:12 PM(edited)
We pick on his age all the time, but tbh it's irrelevant. He could have been 18 all this time and I'd still hate him because of how he's written.
---
Phaneuf of your lies.
#5JoJoX200Posted 7/16/2013 12:46:19 PM
TranquilSea posted...
We pick on his age all the time, but tbh it's irrelevant. He could have been 18 all this time and I'd still hate him because of how he's written.

He's written how I imagine a ten year old - easily excited by everything new around him.

Him suddenly being older may very well change the way he's written. However, based on the anime artwork there already is, he doesn't look older one bit. Plus, it would clash with the target audience being 8-10 year olds at most. I don't believe this rumour, if I consider those points.
#6TranquilSeaPosted 7/16/2013 12:59:59 PM
JoJoX200 posted...
TranquilSea posted...

He's written how I imagine a ten year old - easily excited by everything new around him.

Him suddenly being older may very well change the way he's written. However, based on the anime artwork there already is, he doesn't look older one bit. Plus, it would clash with the target audience being 8-10 year olds at most. I don't believe this rumour, if I consider those points.

That clash is exactly what I was pointing out. With its current staff, the Pokemon anime will never be a shounen for teens and young adults, hence the irrelevancy of his age.
---
Phaneuf of your lies.
#7PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/16/2013 1:05:08 PM
Interesting bit of triva: The Pokemon anime changes staff for each new arc. Certianly explains alot and yet is still not an excuse since you'd expect them to follow a sort of character bible.

Gon is 12 in Hunter x Hunter and look at how awesome it's written. As long as the staff is the same as the BW one, he could be 20 and the anime would still be meh.

Also, I don't believe this rumor, and I can't believe the TC wants to be taken seriously without even posting the source. There is no discussion to be had here.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#8Nightstar1994Posted 7/16/2013 1:11:10 PM
Doesn't matter. He will revert back to 10 by Gen VII or VIII

In Hoenn and Sinnoh Ash acted older too, more mature and was acting smart in situations, even beat few Legendaries here and there (Articuno, Regice, Darkrai, Latios). We were happy. Then Gen V Anime came.
#9GTomahawkPosted 7/16/2013 1:29:02 PM
Spoiler:

This won't happen
#10DarkRoad06Posted 7/16/2013 1:30:25 PM
I dont know why Ash is 10 years old. It's fanbase is more teenagers/adults than kids. They should make it a bit matured towards teenager Audience with suitable contents for kids. Attracting teenage audience will also attract kid audience because kids often find what teenagers find cool.