This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rumor: Ash is 16 in the new anime.

#21kclaujamesPosted 7/18/2013 7:05:14 PM(edited)
kumorixLoveless posted...
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
Interesting bit of triva: The Pokemon anime changes staff for each new arc. Certianly explains alot and yet is still not an excuse since you'd expect them to follow a sort of character bible.

Gon is 12 in Hunter x Hunter and look at how awesome it's written. As long as the staff is the same as the BW one, he could be 20 and the anime would still be meh.

Also, I don't believe this rumor, and I can't believe the TC wants to be taken seriously without even posting the source. There is no discussion to be had here.

How i freaking loved that anime and i agree

Interestingly, one of the scriptwriters for Pokemon is also writing the script for the new Hunter x Hunter anime.

Off-topic: This is the most ironic event to happen in the history of Japanese anime. With a scriptwriter so accustomed to serving the younger audience, we cannot produce a good script for an anime with a much darker and mature tone. The new Hunter x Hunter anime was a failure in many aspects for me. This is not limited to the script.
#22CakeOfLiesPosted 7/18/2013 7:08:44 PM
So...
Ash just ages 6 years immediately for no reason? Are his demonic powers weakening so he can't drain as much life energy from young girls anymore?
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#23LightningHawk90Posted 7/18/2013 7:16:00 PM
Stupid rumor is stupid.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#24PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/18/2013 7:22:17 PM
Interestingly, one of the scriptwriters for Pokemon is also writing the script for the new Hunter x Hunter anime.

Off-topic: This is the most ironic event to happen in the history of Japanese anime. With a scriptwriter so accustomed to serving the younger audience, we cannot produce a good script for an anime with a much darker and mature tone. The new Hunter x Hunter anime was a failure in many aspects for me. This is not limited to the script.

Did not know that. Interesting. And I disagree on your opinion of the new HxH series. While the older show up to the end of York New was better, Greed Island and on is absolutely fantastic. They had to tone it down a bit at first because of the new laws governing kids media in Japan, but they quickly found ways around that.

I still can't believe Ponzu died like that. I saw it in the manga first but to see it animated and treated so brutally...I actually shed a tear when that happened.=/

Though I'm disappointed they are still using DEPARTURE as the OP still. It's like, long past the point of departure for Gon's journey. If they were going for a retro feel like YYH did with using the same OP, they could have chosen a better song.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#25QuagsireQingPosted 7/18/2013 7:24:41 PM
Still no source. Haven't seen this even mentioned in passing anywhere else.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#26TranquilSeaPosted 7/18/2013 7:30:10 PM
QuagsireQing posted...
Still no source. Haven't seen this even mentioned in passing anywhere else.

I thought we all knew that the TC made it up to spark a discussion about Ash being a piece of Garbodor.

... wait. That would be an insult to Garbodors everywhere.
---
Phaneuf of your lies.
#27paiprPosted 7/18/2013 8:33:10 PM
JoJoX200 posted...
TranquilSea posted...
We pick on his age all the time, but tbh it's irrelevant. He could have been 18 all this time and I'd still hate him because of how he's written.

He's written how I imagine a ten year old - easily excited by everything new around him.

Him suddenly being older may very well change the way he's written. However, based on the anime artwork there already is, he doesn't look older one bit. Plus, it would clash with the target audience being 8-10 year olds at most. I don't believe this rumour, if I consider those points.

which is why they should make another better pokemon show that has a target fan base of 14-18 or something
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071