This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what if; all pokemon had different base stats dependent on their genders?

#1paiprPosted 7/16/2013 12:20:27 PM
kinda like the nido lines, male to female each has different base stats. so what if that was the case for all pokemon starting in gen 2-now? would this be terrible? would it bother you? what changes might you imagine for certain pokemon if this was true?
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#2Strain42Posted 7/16/2013 12:21:57 PM
SEXIST!!!

I dunno...I think it would be needlessly confusing, and kinda pointless.

And I guarantee you if even the ratio of stronger males to stronger females was 51% to 49% you'd have people basically screaming what I did in a non-sarcastic manner..
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/ (Currently Updating: Persona 4TW Add-On M-F)
5069-5089-2020
#3PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 7/16/2013 12:22:04 PM
I kind of like this.

I've always seen genders as weird. Some pokemon are obviously feminine, other masculine. Those pokemon should have incentives for using the gender they mostly look like, IMO, and your idea works well for it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#4JoJoX200Posted 7/16/2013 12:25:05 PM
As long as BST would stay the same and only the distribution changed, why not. Females automatically being weaker is what most people will read from your post, tough, even if you didn't mention it.
#5AysanderPosted 7/16/2013 12:29:09 PM
Nido's aren't the same poke though...they're literally separate pokes with slight similarities who had the sad luck of being created before an actual gender system was implemented. XD
#6LexifoxPosted 7/16/2013 12:45:17 PM
I don't think I'd like it, TBH. The gender ratios alone would make this a hassle for some Pokemon.

PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
I kind of like this.

I've always seen genders as weird. Some pokemon are obviously feminine, other masculine. Those pokemon should have incentives for using the gender they mostly look like, IMO, and your idea works well for it.

Why should using, say, a female Lopunny be incentive over a male?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#7Firelion6593Posted 7/16/2013 12:48:07 PM
I'd just wonder why the Hell they'd bother to implement it. I mean, seriously, what does it matter? It'd be too much effort anyway, since you'd have to not only recreate base stat spreads for past Pokemon, but make twice as many for any new Pokemon you make.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#8paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 12:49:48 PM
JoJoX200 posted...
As long as BST would stay the same and only the distribution changed, why not. Females automatically being weaker is what most people will read from your post, tough, even if you didn't mention it.

sadly thats true, which is ironic cause in some ways id see females being stronger. there are examples in the animal kingdom of the females being larger, and stronger. but yeah i agree that the BST should stay the same, or at least really really close.

Aysander posted...
Nido's aren't the same poke though...they're literally separate pokes with slight similarities who had the sad luck of being created before an actual gender system was implemented. XD

true there arent, but had they been introduced in gen 4, i think they prob could have been, with their final forms having a split evo based on gender.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#9SuperRup91Posted 7/16/2013 1:03:04 PM
Since sexual dimorphism is not present in all real world species, I would say no to it being implemented to all pokemon.

PPPPLAASSUMA posted...

While I agree that the developers made some pokemon exhibit traits that are traditionally associated with a particular human gender, pokemon themselves are not human. Just because they may have stereotypically masculine or feminine traits of humans, their species as a whole should not be viewed as a certain gender (unless they are mono-sexed of course).

Saying that they should have an incentive for using pokemon of a certain sex is perpetuating gender stereotypes (ie sexist). But, that is a whole other issue.
#10X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/16/2013 1:10:28 PM
I have a male and female Gengar (and yes, they're siblings... except one is japanese and the other is english).
So I wouldn't give a Mankey's ass.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.