This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This or Grand theft Auto 5?

#11X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/16/2013 12:49:31 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
GTA has been Sukamon after Vice City.
Well no. Libery City Stories weren't too bad.

Everything else was crap. VC Stories, and GTAIV.

Soooo this game hands down.

Everything after VC was crap? Are we forgetting San Andreas?

I played GTASA on the PS2 and thought it was crap. The story was horrible. The atmosphere was bland and looked dead (this is coming from someone that likes the dead... maybe a little too much...)

The only thing good about GTASA was when I rebought it a year later for the PC.... and you know why it was only good then? Because I modded the hell out of the cars and drove around with them. Lasted about 2 months until I got tired of the game yet again.
Ghostbusters Romero? Yes please.

But yeah GTASA wasn't that great. Sorry, but no Slaking way.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#12elconoMPosted 7/16/2013 1:04:06 PM
GTA has a larger fan base than Pokemon. Appeals to hardcore gamers, multiplayers, casuals, etc.

XY will be much easier to obtain a copy of. We are also generally more polite.
---
(GMT -7) 3DS FC 5171.9701.9373 - GT and Unova FC available.
Feel pity for ACNL trade boards. Resistance is textile.
#13ArabianPenguinsPosted 7/16/2013 1:10:21 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
GTA has been Sukamon after Vice City.
Well no. Libery City Stories weren't too bad.

Everything else was crap. VC Stories, and GTAIV.

Soooo this game hands down.

Seriously dude? Vice City was terrible. San Andreas on the other hand was amazing because it added a lot of features that previous installments were lacking.

TC, it depends which game you want more and plan on playing more. If you have any games to trade in towards the purchase of either game, do so. GTA V will put more of a dent in your wallet though.

For me, I'm more looking forward to GTA V than Pokemon since it has a lot more to do in the game than Pokemon has to offer and I have been waiting for awhile for this to release.

If it makes any difference, I already have GTA V fully paid off and $5 down on Pokemon Y. The sad part is, I won't be able to play either game as much as I would like to since school will be starting up again.

Besides this, I still have other games to complete such as Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem Awakening, Rachet and Clank A Crack in Time, and Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. Not to mention, I have Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past 2 on hold as well.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#14Jarred623Posted 7/16/2013 1:11:52 PM
You will probably get a lot more playtime out of GTA, and it will probably be a more entertaining and enjoyable experience.

Single player pokemon stories are never really anything to write home about, multiplayer isn't great either, and aside from seeing all the new 'mons, there's not much new formula wise.

So if you like catching and breeding and are a hardcore pokemon fan, get this. But it's more likely that you will enjoy GTA5 more.

-honest opinion
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#15dadkwasherePosted 7/16/2013 1:14:26 PM
Lol its obvious majority will say pokemon.
---
"Sorry you have to die today, I promise we'll change things soon"-a certain tales protagonist. Punished Snake approves.
#16hellslingerPosted 7/16/2013 1:16:48 PM
elconoM posted...
GTA has a larger fan base than Pokemon. Appeals to hardcore gamers, multiplayers, casuals, etc.

XY will be much easier to obtain a copy of. We are also generally more polite.

There's going to be no problem getting either game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#17chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 1:23:20 PM
Wow, this will be a tougher decision than I thought. Thank you for all the feedback. What are your guys thoughts on Animal Crossing in comparisson to these 2 games?
---
d(^o^)b ~ And then I ate the bowl!
#18DrakoVongola1Posted 7/16/2013 1:23:54 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
Wow, this will be a tougher decision than I thought. Thank you for all the feedback. What are your guys thoughts on Animal Crossing in comparisson to these 2 games?

Again, waaaaaayyyy too different to compare. It depends what you're looking for the most.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#19FuneralCakePosted 7/16/2013 1:27:31 PM
Don't get Animal Crossing unless you've played one before and thought it was good.

My friends convinced me to get it, and it was my first Animal Crossing game. While it's a decent game, it has a lot of problems. It's the kind of game you play every day, but only for about half an hour. Even at that, it's still really boring, but somehow you keep getting sucked in.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#20chunkyshtew(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 1:29:32 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
chunkyshtew posted...

Again, waaaaaayyyy too different to compare. It depends what you're looking for the most.

I want a game that I can play over a span of time, and that I don't feel like I have to sit down and progress and then forget about. A game with longetivity. What draws me to pokemon is the nostalgia and multiplayer aspect, what draws me to GTA is the longetivity, and what draws me to Animal Crossing is the relaxing atmosphere and pace.

Being entirely realistic, pokemon or animal crossing may be a better bet for me since gta may eat up too much of my time and I can't play it while travelling, where as animal crossing or pokemon I can play more leisurely while I travel. GTA looks like it could be pretty sweet, though, especially the multiplayer component :O
---
d(^o^)b ~ And then I ate the bowl!