This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which gen had the best legends?

#41InhaledCornPosted 7/16/2013 9:32:49 PM
iKhanic posted...
spooky96 posted...
Though not a big fan of gen 4 in itself and their Pokemon designs, but I'd say it had the best legends. This is not because of Arceus.

When did so many of these answers come up? Gen 4 used to be universally considered to have the worst legends.

I don't think they have bad legends, but 1) There are far too many of them making them, as a whole, seem less legendary and 2) When you have beings representing Space, Time, Antimatter, the human spirit (and in some roundabout way sin) and freaking god, where do you go from there?

But, really, outside of the obligatory trio, box legendaries, Regigigas, and Manaphy, we didn't need much else. Shaymin and Heatran (and Phione, but its legendary status is dubious) felt forced to me.

I'm okay with the moon duo of Cresselia and Darkrai (even though we already have a moon-based Legend Pokemon in Lugia), but they could have been potential box legends down the line.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#42AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/16/2013 9:38:16 PM
Poll got Hoennbaby'd.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fd6pTd6.jpg
#43abcDSBTPosted 7/16/2013 10:31:42 PM
AlI_About_The_U posted...
Poll got Hoennbaby'd.

PLEASE tell me this isn't a new "term" for Gen III fanboys...We already have Genwunners...
---
That light at the end of the tunnel might be a train.
3DS FC: 1977-0538-5534
#44X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/16/2013 10:35:21 PM
Gen I had Mewtwo and Mew
Gen II had Lugia
Gen III had Groudon and Rayquaza and Deoxys
Gen IV had Palkia and Giratina and Darkrai and Arceus
Gen V had Zekrom and Meloetta and Genesect

Gen IV wins.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#45AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/16/2013 10:36:39 PM
PLEASE tell me this isn't a new "term" for Gen III fanboys...We already have Genwunners...

I... I am sorry. It's been around for a while. I am sorry we could not decide on a nicer term. We are the worst. Self-flagellation will begin shortly.
---
#46X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/16/2013 10:42:26 PM

I... I am sorry. It's been around for a while. I am sorry we could not decide on a nicer term. We are the worst. Self-flagellation will begin shortly.

what's the name for those that liked Gen II the best?

Johters?
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#47AlI_About_The_UPosted 7/16/2013 10:45:23 PM

what's the name for those that liked Gen II the best?

Johters?

I'm not certain. I think it's Johoes.
---
#48Jessameson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 4:21:05 AM
I expected gen 1 to do a little better. I thought Mewtwo was the most popular legend.
#49evoxpiscesPosted 7/17/2013 7:19:52 AM
rainonparade posted...
The first three gens all had good legends. Gen 4's legends were so bad that I assume most of the people voting for it are being sarcastic. Gen 5 did better, but it still had the Kami trio and Meloetta holding it back.

I have to agree with this. 1,2,and 3 had great legendaries. 4's were abysmal like most of the new pokemon in that gen. 5's were good but not as great as 1-3. I voted for 1 mostly because they were the most memorable and iconic to me.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955