This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just found out a teacher in my school district is named Ms. Lucario.

#11X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/18/2013 12:18:24 PM
FatReuniclus posted...
I used to call my best friends little brother: "Munchlax"
But that doesn't count does it?

Not Pokémon related, but I always called (and still do) my little cousin Chao.
I once almost painted him blue because he looked and sounded so much like a Chao... my aunt won't let me for whatever reason.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#12zinformantPosted 7/18/2013 12:44:41 PM
Lucario is a legitimate surname. Here's one.
http://texas-employees.findthedata.org/l/275561/Joseph-Lucario
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Ocean should not derail the train.
#13AuraWielderPosted 7/18/2013 12:51:52 PM
zinformant posted...
Lucario is a legitimate surname. Here's one.
http://texas-employees.findthedata.org/l/275561/Joseph-Lucario

0_o He lives in my state.
I must meet this man.
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#14gladwyn101Posted 7/18/2013 1:26:18 PM(edited)
People with that surname must be the luckiest SOBs on the planet.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#15PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/18/2013 1:26:58 PM
I once had a Professor called Mr Lecher. Those were odd times.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#16AccrovideogamesPosted 7/18/2013 2:21:17 PM(edited)
My father once knew someone named Yvon Lavallé, it's pronounced the same way as "ils vont l'avaler" but with a mute L in "ils" (orally, we often pronounce the pronouns "il" and "elle" like the letter I and A respectively), which is French for "they will swallow him". Yvon and Lavallé are both common names but when put together, it's just silly. It's so cruel for parents to name their child like that.

I pity those whose first name is Elvis Presley, they're flagrant examples of parents being completely insane on the King of Rock. Seriously, who wants to be called Elvis Presley Smith? I've also seen someone named Talon in a newspaper, that's French for heel, and no it's not even a rarely used name. It's unfortunate that the law on illegal names don't take combinations like Yvon Lavallé into account and that they also only include names that the law makers actually thought of, explaining why Talon was able to fly under the radar.

By the way, did you know that it's strictly illegal for a woman to take the name of her husband where I live? That law was made in 1981 to protect women's rights. In some countries like the United States and Saudi Arabia, it's still common practice for the husband to possess the wife.

I just made a research and found tons of stupid names that were truly given by parents:

French
Océann Miley (seriously, can't they just have called her Océanne or Miley?)
Masturbin (the word it's based on is spelled the same way in French and English)
Zoe-Babou (wtf?)
O'Mega (you're kidding me, right?)
Lucifée (Lucifer plus Fée, which is French for fairy)

English
Burger (I hope he won't end up fat)
Ace (for a girl!)
Yoga (stupid as s***, for a girl by the way)
Zealand (poor girl)
Espn (wtf is that?)
Haven'T (Don'T call your boy like that!)
Aero (the chocolate bar or the air?)
Pawk (it sounds like a Pokémon name)
Rysk (do they realize that they're naming babies, not pets?)
---
I'm French speaking.
23, Male, Quebec
#17SpikeTbearPosted 7/18/2013 8:46:07 PM
Accrovideogames posted...

While still not Pokemon related, here in the U.S., movie and pop stars are notorious for giving their children terrifyingly bad names. Micheal Jackson's kids are named Blanket and Prince. I have heard of movie star kids named Apple, Soda, and Pirate. And most recently, Kanye West named his kid North.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus