This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or did the later gens seem intended for an older audiance?

#1djmetal777Posted 7/16/2013 9:24:33 PM
Don't get me wrong i grew up on 1st and 2nd gen and the games just seem so much more cuter the. The later ones they feel like something a young kid would play. 3rd gen seemed like something a pre-teen or adolescent would enjoy more idk why same. And the 5th gen seemed like it was almost aimed for teenagers what with the more anime-looking art style and the amount of story-depth it went into almost seemed like gamefreak knew there original audience was growing up
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
#2djmetal777(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 9:25:13 PM
djmetal777 posted...
Don't get me wrong i grew up on 1st and 2nd gen and the games just seem so much more cuter the. The later ones they feel like something a young kid would play. 3rd gen seemed like something a pre-teen or adolescent would enjoy more idk why same. And the 5th gen seemed like it was almost aimed for teenagers what with the more anime-looking art style and the amount of story-depth it went into almost seemed like gamefreak knew there original audience was growing up

Maybe it's just how simple the original games were compared to how advance the new ones have gotten
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
#3PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/16/2013 9:27:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4EdwardDarkstarPosted 7/16/2013 9:27:30 PM
That, or maybe your delirious.

You could think that because you've gotten older as you played. Thinking (if you're 13) that the games are directed at you.
---
What's worse than getting dumped?
Being forced to listen to some 10 year old rage in his mic on BO2.
#5InhaledCornPosted 7/16/2013 9:37:45 PM
I think that just goes to show how Gamefreak knows how to appeal to all audiences.

The simple, core gameplay are for the younger ones, but the complex stuff, like breeding, IVs, EVs, are for the more serious players who care to have that level of enjoyment.
---
3DS FC: 2578-3118-6645 PSN: PowahBoxers
I need to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door again...
#6GoldenSWarriorsPosted 7/16/2013 9:50:43 PM
audiance
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#7LexifoxPosted 7/16/2013 9:59:16 PM
I'd say it's a combination of the mechanics getting more complicated, Nintendo's censorship rules becoming more lax, and the games having enough space to accommodate more complex things.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#8AysanderPosted 7/16/2013 10:21:13 PM
Lexifox posted...
I'd say it's a combination of the mechanics getting more complicated, Nintendo's censorship rules becoming more lax, and the games having enough space to accommodate more complex things.
#9Swampert27Posted 7/16/2013 10:25:59 PM
Aysander posted...
Lexifox posted...