This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else hopes we get strong starters and starter evolutions?

#1DiayamondoPosted 7/17/2013 6:27:03 AM
Gen 5 starter final evolutions were horrid competitively. Gen 4 had the best starter evolutions competitively, Torterra, Infernape and Empoleon being good pokemon. I hope Gen 6 gives a strong Grass starter, like Gen 1 and 4.
#2erekwashere15Posted 7/17/2013 6:45:30 AM
The metagame is all that matters?
---
Winner of ares9090's Slaking Award
Official Scrafty and Barry of the B/W 2 Boards
#3SorrowOfAcheronPosted 7/17/2013 7:00:43 AM(edited)
I hope we get good-looking starter evolutions.
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron, RageOfFenrisulf
Eurynome, Lv.200 Sorcerer
#4Big_IsaacPosted 7/17/2013 7:02:13 AM(edited)
inb4 Blaziken

I'm hoping that all 3 are offensive. walls and support pokemon are nice and all, but for in-game, sweepers are the way to go. I hate it when they make the starters defensive, like the gen 2 and 5 grass starters
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#5MetaFalconPunchPosted 7/17/2013 7:02:32 AM
SorrowOfAcheron posted...

This, more than anything.

Besides, with Team Flare, it looks like Fennekin may not be the easiest starter to use (Chespin looks like he'll be hardest to use, but he may be part Rock too so...hmm...)
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#6PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/17/2013 7:08:27 AM
erekwashere15 posted...
The metagame is all that matters?

There should never be a situation ingame where the next available grass and fire Pokemon are better than the starting Grass and Fire, ingame and competetively. The starters are meant to be stronger than alot of normal Pokemon during the game, especially the early game, it makes no sense to make them subpar.

Ofcourse, I rather then look good over being as awesome as the Gen 4 starters if it came down to it. Samutott is the only Gen 5 starter that looks good, Emboar is meh, and Serperior is just terrible.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#7FryDays5000Posted 7/17/2013 7:10:04 AM
Im not expecting their strengths, but...

SorrowOfAcheron posted...

^
---
Freiza may be cool, but his brother is..... COOLER(get it?)
3DS FC:0645-6947-9076
#8hiphops_saviorPosted 7/17/2013 7:26:14 AM
Diayamondo posted...
Gen 5 starter final evolutions were horrid competitively. Gen 4 had the best starter evolutions competitively, Torterra, Infernape and Empoleon being good pokemon. I hope Gen 6 gives a strong Grass starter, like Gen 1 and 4.

Technically, Gen 5 is horrible competitively. Especially when their DW variants haven't been released yet (Contrary Serperior? Reckless Emboar?). Did I mention Serperior can also learn Leaf Storm?
#9evoxpiscesPosted 7/17/2013 7:39:47 AM
Yeah I really hope so. I hate not using my starter pokemon.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1124-3955
#10ZabuzadonoPosted 7/17/2013 7:57:38 AM
hiphops_savior posted...
Diayamondo posted...

Technically, Gen 5 is horrible competitively. Especially when their DW variants haven't been released yet (Contrary Serperior? Reckless Emboar?). Did I mention Serperior can also learn Leaf Storm?

Not to mention that all 3 of the starters in Gen 5 were easily replaceable by the 4th gym (Darmanitan over Emboar, Lilligant / Whimsicott / Leavanny / Scolipede / Crustle over Serperior, Basculin / Seismitoad / Jellicent over Samurott)
---
Skyrim is the girl who keeps breaking my heart, yet is so hot I still keep coming back on the chance I may get to sleep with her again. - Spurner