This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how much does a 3DS cost?

#21P0k3m0nWaRR10R8Posted 7/17/2013 1:13:59 PM
ArabianPenguins posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
When I get a 3DS just for this game, I'm also gonna get Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and that 3D Zelda from the N64 that I never had a chance to play. I'm all set for a year.

You will love Legend of Zelda: Ocarina if Time. It was the greatest games ever made, at least my in my opinion.

TC, I don't know what differences the 3DS XL has over the 3DS other than the larger screen and maybe a longer battery life.

It does have a nice list of games if any these interest you:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Fire Enblem: Awakening
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (releases in November)
Animal Crossing (is already out or comes out soon?)
Super Smash Bros. (releases in 2014)
Pokemon X & Pokemon Y (releases on October 12th)

Animal Crossing is already out

Also, Sonic Lost World looks good (also releases October 12th IIRC)
---
Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam.
#22GoldenSWarriors(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 1:19:59 PM
5ky_4nth3m posted...
GoldenSWarriors posted...
and is it worth it just to play pokemon on? What other games would be good on it?

why only pokemon?
i mean, yes, pokemon is great and my number one game but overlooking other great titles already available and the ones on the way is kind of a waste, honestly.

i don't know what kind of games you prefer but if you like pokemon you'll probably enjoy many other rpgs.
not to mention you can always play the DS titles anyway.
so if you already own the old console i don't see a reason why you shouldn't upgrade to the 3ds.
if you don't, i suggest you check the 3ds releases before you buy the console because buying a console to play only one game is equivalent to buying the game for an absurd amount of money.

well I had a regular DS and I had a ton of fun playing pokemon on it, but I didn't like any of my other games. Mario Kart was pretty terrible, and I absolutely loved Mario Kart on the N64, Gamecube, and Wii. I had another Mario game, it was pretty boring too. I also had a Zelda game that I didn't like.

What do you even do in fire emblem? I hear a lot of people mentioning that.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#235ky_4nth3mPosted 7/17/2013 2:18:21 PM
5ky_4nth3m posted...
and is it worth it just to play pokemon on? What other games would be good on it?

why only pokemon?
i mean, yes, pokemon is great and my number one game but overlooking other great titles already available and the ones on the way is kind of a waste, honestly.

i don't know what kind of games you prefer but if you like pokemon you'll probably enjoy many other rpgs.
not to mention you can always play the DS titles anyway.
so if you already own the old console i don't see a reason why you shouldn't upgrade to the 3ds.
if you don't, i suggest you check the 3ds releases before you buy the console because buying a console to play only one game is equivalent to buying the game for an absurd amount of money.

well I had a regular DS and I had a ton of fun playing pokemon on it, but I didn't like any of my other games. Mario Kart was pretty terrible, and I absolutely loved Mario Kart on the N64, Gamecube, and Wii. I had another Mario game, it was pretty boring too. I also had a Zelda game that I didn't like.

What do you even do in fire emblem? I hear a lot of people mentioning that.

fire emblem... are you familiar with final fantasy tactics? same genre.
but i'm not sure if i should recommend that game because imo it was kind of a let down when compared to some of the previous FE titles.

i haven't played kid icarus but from what i've seen, most ppl agree that it's a great game. i loved playing kingdom hearts, there's the zelda remake (ocarina of time), resident evil revelations, luigi's mansion 2 (i think it's a great game but i don't know how much ppl liked it overall), animal crossing new leaf (you'll either love the game or hate it, most likely), shin megami tensei IV, monster hunter 3 ultimate, etrian odyssey IV, harvest moon, etc.

regarding the DS games you've got final fantasy III and IV (both pretty good), dragon quest IX, chrono trigger, and i personally love infinite space (basically a flawed game with a good and huge, branching story).

hope this helps
---
3DS FC: 1504-6073-5046
#24the_cajun88Posted 7/17/2013 2:20:12 PM
FuneralCake posted...
NewbieN00b posted...
6)You bought a 3DS before the XL existed

Even then, you should upgrade to an XL because it's just that good.

No, that's stupid.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg
#25NewbieN00bPosted 7/17/2013 2:31:20 PM
FuneralCake posted...
NewbieN00b posted...
6)You bought a 3DS before the XL existed

Even then, you should upgrade to an XL because it's just that good.

I would if I weren't irrationally paranoid about limited system transfers.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
White FC: 4428-2451-8791
#26Meta289Posted 7/17/2013 3:05:25 PM
I like my tiny 3DS. Fits right in my pocket, and it isn't that uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time, no idea why people think it is.
---
R.I.P. Pokemon Cycle
Fact: Things are so much better when taken at face value.
#27nblasteroinPosted 7/17/2013 3:11:14 PM
jayman7 posted...
It's not worth it just to play Pokémon on, I don't think, but fortunately there's also Super Mario 3D World, Fire Emblem: Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, etc. etc.

Super Mario 3d World is coming for 3ds? Lies.
---
3DS FC : 1891 - 2262 - 3841
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 4814 - 4828 - 7842
#28MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/17/2013 3:15:03 PM
Meta289 posted...
I like my tiny 3DS. Fits right in my pocket, and it isn't that uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time, no idea why people think it is.

Uhh...yeah it is.
I received a regular 3DS as a gift and as soon as the XL came out I traded it right away.
I never used it for a prolonged period of time since it is so uncomfortable to hold and screens are way too small.
The XL is just such massive improvement that I don't know how people are still able to play anything on that tiny little regular 3DS. The only pros it has over the XL are its speakers and even that you can just use earphones.
I'm glad I traded it in for the XL.

And for anyone who still does not own a 3DS, I highly recommend just getting the XL.
-Prolonged battery life
-90% larger screens
-Wider angle of the 3D effect
-Much more comfortable to hold
-Stylus is no longer located at the top left
-Only $30 difference
-Greater experience
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#29gren-aidPosted 7/17/2013 3:15:24 PM
If you're in the UK you can get Ł40 off one

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=210756&articleId=210755&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151

I'm looking to buy one myself, but I'm not sure if I should get the Mario Kart Bundle, or get a 3DS XL and a physical copy of the game separately.
---
'When thou enterest into Oblivion, Oblivion entereth into thee.' -- Nai Tyrol-Llar
#30MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/17/2013 3:21:45 PM
nblasteroin posted...
jayman7 posted...
It's not worth it just to play Pokémon on, I don't think, but fortunately there's also Super Mario 3D World, Fire Emblem: Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, etc. etc.

Super Mario 3d World is coming for 3ds? Lies.

No. Super Mario 3D Land has been out on the 3DS for I think 2 years already. But the new one is coming out for the wiiU
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~