This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now that I think of it I like the idea of dual type attacks

#21gamepimp12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 9:00:09 PM
nblasteroin posted...
Great_Reapette posted...
Imagine.

A Dragon-type move.

Used by Rayquaza, because why the hell not.

And it's also a Steel- or Poison-type move.

gg Fairies

A Dragon/Ice Move used by Kingdra

6x super effective

GG Rayquaza, Dragon, and all the other Dragon Flying types

Using the wrong math
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#22CelebityPosted 7/17/2013 9:19:46 PM
Nononononononononononononononononononononononono.

No.
---
Nintendo Network: Damon07
Playing: Oracle of Seasons, Pikmin 2, S&P:SS
#23jayman7Posted 7/17/2013 10:28:08 PM
gamepimp12 posted...
Tbh the format I posted earlier is the only balanced one

No, they could have dualtype moves that hit twice (for low power each hit), like Bonemerang. The first hit deals damage like one type, and the second like the second type. I don't believe that this is an implementation that should happen, but it's neither pointless nor game-breaking.

Or, as Pokebeach's administrator suggests, the move could change type depending on circumstance, but again, that's actually happened already in this franchise multiple times, so it hardly seems worth reporting.
---
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere
#24gamepimp12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 10:34:09 PM
jayman7 posted...
gamepimp12 posted...
Tbh the format I posted earlier is the only balanced one

No, they could have dualtype moves that hit twice (for low power each hit), like Bonemerang. The first hit deals damage like one type, and the second like the second type. I don't believe that this is an implementation that should happen, but it's neither pointless nor game-breaking.

Or, as Pokebeach's administrator suggests, the move could change type depending on circumstance, but again, that's actually happened already in this franchise multiple times, so it hardly seems worth reporting.

Ehhh yeah that ones balanced, but not really effective IMO, it's only really useful for breaking balloons (and the standard stuff multi hitting attacks are for )

How do you think they should be implemented.
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#25gamepimp12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 10:37:28 PM
Tbh the main reason I like this method is because its the only way to give certain types major buffs offensively without changing the entire type chart.

I do agree that should we get too many (306 possibilities if irc) and certain types that don't need one get it, it could become overboard
---
#26jayman7Posted 7/17/2013 10:47:52 PM(edited)
The problem is that you're still looking at them as dualtype moves - you still see the Steel-STAB move that hits like a Fighting move to be Steel. It's not. It's Fighting. Fighting Fighting Fighting. The recipient thinks it's Fighting. All non-Steel-non-Fighting-type Pokemon think it's Fighting. All Fighting-type Pokemon want nothing to do with it (unless they're part Steel). Only the Steel-types actually care in the slightest that the move exists, and they only use it in place of Fighting moves because, hey, guess what? It's FIGHTING! Not Steel.

The only real impact is that, if these wrong-STAB moves become common, nothing will ever carry a non-STAB move ever again. This ruins the whole point of even having STAB!
---
#27gamepimp12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 10:56:54 PM
Oh I agree they should never become that common, that would effectively ruin the metagame, it would solo rely on who hits the hardest and immunites.

On the other hand it's a huge boon too the poor offensive typing's who otherwise will remain awful and gives pokemon coverage.

I think we're looking at it at different levels,
---
#28jayman7Posted 7/17/2013 11:04:10 PM
gamepimp12 posted...
Oh I agree they should never become that common, that would effectively ruin the metagame, it would solo rely on who hits the hardest and immunites.

On the other hand it's a huge boon too the poor offensive typing's who otherwise will remain awful and gives pokemon coverage.

You can give Pokemon coverage without destroying the whole purpose of STAB.
---
#29gamepimp12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 11:11:59 PM
jayman7 posted...
gamepimp12 posted...

You can give Pokemon coverage without destroying the whole purpose of STAB.

That doesn't change that all stabs aren't created equal

I mean think of the best sweeper you've ever seen in ou you now imagine offensively it's typing is poison, that pokemon is severally worse.

As I'm saying without changing the type chart completely posion will remain ineffective like that
---
#30jayman7Posted 7/17/2013 11:18:20 PM(edited)
gamepimp12 posted...
I mean think of the best sweeper you've ever seen in ou you now imagine offensively it's typing is poison, that pokemon is severally worse.

Gengar?

Besides, Fairy's going to shake up the type chart just by existing - and guess what? It's supposed to be weak to Poison.
---