This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to admit, I hate Volcarona's shiny form slightly less

#1iKhanicPosted 7/17/2013 7:35:48 PM
It's abdomen doesn't have that light-blue abdomen that looks gooey in consistency.

nothing beats Heatmor's shiny form though
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2CM_PLUNGEPosted 7/17/2013 7:36:15 PM
Volcarona is awful in any form.
---
3DS FC: 1547 5213 7769
#3Lucario316Posted 7/17/2013 7:40:56 PM
iKhanic posted...

Giratina
Yanma
Salamence
Rayquaza
Charizard
Metagross
Umbreon
Flygon
Gallade
BlueMew :3
Nidoking
And many more....

---
Ole!
#4X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/17/2013 7:42:00 PM
Lucario316 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Giratina
Yanma
Salamence
Rayquaza
Charizard
Metagross
Umbreon
Flygon
Gallade
Nidoking
And many more....

Giratina has blue in it. Making it horrible.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#5kaonohiokalaPosted 7/17/2013 7:44:32 PM
Garchomp has the best shiny form hands down
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#6Hierarchy225Posted 7/17/2013 7:46:57 PM
I actually hate Volcarona's shiny form.
---
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#7iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 7:51:24 PM
Lucario316 posted...
iKhanic posted...

Giratina
Yanma
Salamence
Rayquaza
Charizard
Metagross
Umbreon
Flygon
Gallade
Nidoking
And many more....

While most of those are indeed awesome (I see you really like blue, it's my favorite color as well), Heatmor's shiny form laughs at all of those except maybe Rayquaza. Heatmor does what Charizard's shiny form tries to do, but does it right, not looking an off-purple like Shiny form does. Heatmor's shiny form also makes all those ridiculous car parts suddenly work in the design.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8GTomahawkPosted 7/17/2013 8:07:12 PM(edited)
I like default Volcarona because its abdomen looks like a globe from the back and then the rest of its body is the sun going "F*** YOU EARTH!"
#9Faust_8Posted 7/17/2013 8:14:18 PM
This is why Volcarona wins the design debate with me.

Volcarona is based on a moth, particularly the Atlas moth or Cecropia Moth. Conceptually, it seems to be derived from the phrase "like a moth to a flame," which refers to the observed positive phototaxis demonstrated by moths. It may be based on a solar deity, a type of god said to be able to control various aspects of the sun such as sunrise, sunset, eclipses, position, etc, the black spots on its wings representing dark spots on the sun. Its wings may be based on the petals of a tiger lily, having the same number of extensions, black spots, and red-orange coloring. The head and antennae of Volcarona bear a resemblance to the headpiece of Hathor, which depicts the horns of the goddess cradling a disk representing the sun in between. Volcarona's appearance may also be loosely based on that of a seraph, a type of angel that is often associated with fire, as its name literally translates to "burning one". Like Volcarona, seraphim are often depicted with six red wings and no legs. Its color scheme is very similar to some incarnations of Mothra.

How interesting and detailed.

And then there's...

Charizard resembles the European dragon, certainly one of many forms told and rendered in legends.

Unimaginative and bland.

This is why there are lots of people that like Volcarona's design and mythos. I know you disagree but you shouldn't state "Volcarona's design sucks" like it's an obvious fact--it's inherently your subjective opinion.

I also wonder why this topic is necessary.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#10TranquilSeaPosted 7/17/2013 8:14:24 PM
Well, I hate your opinion. Stomp stomp slam.
---
Phaneuf of your lies.