This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to admit, I hate Volcarona's shiny form slightly less

#11iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 8:18:26 PM
Faust_8 posted...
This is why Volcarona wins the design debate with me.

Volcarona is based on a moth, particularly the Atlas moth or Cecropia Moth. Conceptually, it seems to be derived from the phrase "like a moth to a flame," which refers to the observed positive phototaxis demonstrated by moths. It may be based on a solar deity, a type of god said to be able to control various aspects of the sun such as sunrise, sunset, eclipses, position, etc, the black spots on its wings representing dark spots on the sun. Its wings may be based on the petals of a tiger lily, having the same number of extensions, black spots, and red-orange coloring. The head and antennae of Volcarona bear a resemblance to the headpiece of Hathor, which depicts the horns of the goddess cradling a disk representing the sun in between. Volcarona's appearance may also be loosely based on that of a seraph, a type of angel that is often associated with fire, as its name literally translates to "burning one". Like Volcarona, seraphim are often depicted with six red wings and no legs. Its color scheme is very similar to some incarnations of Mothra.

How interesting and detailed.

And then there's...

Charizard resembles the European dragon, certainly one of many forms told and rendered in legends.

Unimaginative and bland.

This is why there are lots of people that like Volcarona's design and mythos. I know you disagree but you shouldn't state "Volcarona's design sucks" like it's an obvious fact--it's inherently your subjective opinion.

I also wonder why this topic is necessary.

Interesting, you and I have opposite opinions on Bulbapedia descriptions. For me, the longer and more design basis possibilities bulbapedia describes, the worse the design is. Short sweet explanations are nice.

Though Girafarig is my favorite design, so that just shows you how hard it is to classify perspective.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12AuroraSonicBeamPosted 7/17/2013 9:14:42 PM
[insert spoiler here]
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181