This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesn't Smogon just ban Shadow Tag in UU and under?

#21spooky96Posted 7/18/2013 7:41:27 AM
RX0mega posted...
Isn't Garchomp still uber is it has Sand Veil or did that change?

Yes in that case it is Uber.
---
Pokemon Showdown Peak Ranking OU: 2004
And then lost 7 matches in a row >_>
#22gopack24Posted 7/18/2013 8:12:04 AM
Anclation posted...
The reason they don't do complex bans is really easy to understand if you actually bother to think about it.

Enlighten me. It's like banning Lebron James from playing a youth league (he's too good) but also banning his little brother just because he shares some similar DNA.
---
INDIA ICC WORLD CUP 2011 CHAMPIONS IND 277/4 BEAT SL 274/6 by 6 wickets
ARSENE WENGER'S RED ARMY
#23MatezoidePosted 7/18/2013 8:21:58 AM
*Walks into thread*

WTF....anyway, Shadow Tag by itself is not broken. Wynaut and Gothorita are NU.

*Leaves thread*
#24gamepimp12Posted 7/18/2013 8:27:27 AM
gopack24 posted...
Anclation posted...
The reason they don't do complex bans is really easy to understand if you actually bother to think about it.

Enlighten me. It's like banning Lebron James from playing a youth league (he's too good) but also banning his little brother just because he shares some similar DNA.

No what your wanting done is like banning lebron from youth league, but he's still allowed to play as long as he doesn't drive or post up.

Smogon looks at Pokemon at there best if said Pokemon is broken its all broken.

You guys are looking at it as if sbken and blazeken are two different Pokemon, they are not.
---
we rich now but used to be slaves,we pushing whips now we used to be whipped,rockin chains when we used to be in 'em
#25Faust_8Posted 7/18/2013 10:47:02 AM
TBVGFIZ posted...
It's the same, you would have to set a time limit (generation) for "new tools" and people would just complain about doing it on that generation and not a previous one.

And even if you sort that out, there is still a possibility that you would still end up with a lot of complex bans and having a lot of pokemon in two different tiers with certain conditions. It would be a mess and make competitive battling very confusing and inaccessible, and to make things worse the list of complex bans would just pile up with each new generation.

It's just not worth it to get into this mess so that a couple of pokemon can be OU or whatever...

Under my rules, Blaziken would be the ONLY Pokemon this would even apply to, so why are you assuming this would get used so much? It would only come into play if they do something as stupid as giving Blaziken Speed Boost. Nothing else they changed is worth enacting what I described.

They've banned one Ability+weather and they'd only have one Pokemon in two tiers. Why is this so awful?

And the guy talking about Venusaur...what? Yeah, Venusaur didn't have Chlorophyll before but Chlorophyll Venusaur is OU, so there's nothing wrong with this situation. My rules would only come into play when they give a currently-released Pokemon something that turns it Uber overnight. They don't come into play just because they made Venusaur OU since that's a good thing if you ask me.

Yeah, you can't use Venusaur in a lower tier now but the point is you still can use him outside Uber, so that's fine. If you have a huge beef with a Pokemon you like getting better (but not OP) then...seriously, just get over it. Use a different Grass type in NU or whatever, or put Venusaur in your OU team.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
#26yzmanPosted 7/18/2013 11:27:38 AM
Yeah the rules aren't consistent.

All blazikens are banned.
Garchomp with sand veil is only banned.
Team with swift swim and drizzle are banned.

Don't tell me that complex bans are a slippery slope. Its already there.
---
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."
#27pokemonfreak97Posted 7/18/2013 11:28:17 AM
RX0mega posted...
Isn't Garchomp still uber is it has Sand Veil or did that change?

They banned Sand Veil overall. They realized that banning Double Team and allowing Sand Veil was bad. (I think that's what happened)
---
Generation (pi)(i).
When you see this, raise e to the generation and add 1. Social experiment.
#28Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/18/2013 11:32:21 AM
yzman posted...
Yeah the rules aren't consistent.

Garchomp with sand veil is only banned.

No, it isn't.

Sand Veil and Snow Cloak are banned. The abilities themselves. No Pokemon is allowed to use them.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#29iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 11:49:37 AM
What about the Smashpass ban, that's pretty complex as well.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#30inTaCtfuLPosted 7/18/2013 11:51:41 AM
they also banned ingrain with baton pass in gen 3
---
i7-3970X Extreme ~ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ~ 32 GB DDR3-2133 ~ 10 TB 7200RPM ~ 500 GB SSD ~ 690 x2 ~ 1200 W PSU Gold ~