This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New idea: Dormant abilities

#1kaonohiokalaPosted 7/17/2013 8:49:32 PM
If a Pokeman has multiple abilities, the one(s) that it doesn't have gain a lesser effect for said Pokeman.

Got this idea after my poor Technician Breloom died of poison. Example: Poison Heal's dormant effect is that it causes the Pokeman to take no damage from poison (as opposed to healing it).

WATCHU THINK?
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#2GoldenSWarriorsPosted 7/17/2013 8:54:42 PM
bad
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#3kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 8:56:15 PM
k
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#4MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/17/2013 8:57:15 PM
I actually had a similar idea to this as well after playing FE:A and how the characters skills play into it almost like abilities. But what I had was for example..so and so Pokemon can use 2 abilities at the same time but only triggers them by 50%.. lol
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#5kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 9:00:11 PM
Aw man, when I first started playing Gen 3, I didn't understand the new ability system & I thought every Pokemon with 2 abilities still had both but only one was displayed. Found out the hard way when my Sturdy Aron took recoil damage from Double-Edge.
---
#6harle1012000Posted 7/17/2013 9:01:42 PM
Bronzong would love this lol
---
If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, be sure to check the enclosed instruction book
#7MalkyeaImbakPosted 7/17/2013 9:02:50 PM
you wanna make noob friendly pokemon more noob friendly :(

though this would make zebstrika a bit more epic sap sipping motordrive combo sounds nice..still I have to disagree

Intimidation moxie mence/gyara no thank you
#8AankheinPosted 7/17/2013 9:04:29 PM
Maybe instead of dormant Abilities, it can be "hybrid" Abilities.

It can be based upon the principle of incomplete dominance in genetics.

So, technician won't give 1.5x multiplier, but maybe 1.25, and Poison Heal will only heal half as much?
---
Aankhein-e-Tajdar
#9Volren617Posted 7/17/2013 9:28:47 PM
Nah. I'd prefer keeping it binary and having to decide on tradeoffs rather than having an ability and a half.

Besides how would that work for stuff like Salamence or Gyarados? There aren't any half stages so either Intimidate or Moxie would lose out.
#10Faust_8Posted 7/17/2013 9:31:35 PM
So a Heatproof Bronzong has...half...Levitate? Regenerator Ho-Oh has half Pressure?

This opens up a can of worms WAY too big.
---
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.