This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New idea: Dormant abilities

#11FuneralCakePosted 7/17/2013 9:31:44 PM
Maybe this would help some Pokemon not be terrible, but I feel like generally, this would be sorta broken on a good few of the really good Pokemon.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#12AankheinPosted 7/17/2013 9:38:45 PM
Faust_8 posted...
So a Heatproof Bronzong has...half...Levitate? Regenerator Ho-Oh has half Pressure?

This opens up a can of worms WAY too big.

Well, that's true. Maybe Levitate only works half the time.
---
Aankhein-e-Tajdar
#13DerejinPosted 7/18/2013 12:32:11 AM
Faust_8 posted...
So a Heatproof Bronzong has...half...Levitate? Regenerator Ho-Oh has half Pressure?

Actually not - with a bit of creativity, just assign every ability a weaker variation.
I kinda like this idea, though I'm fine with how things are..

but let's get creative anyway!

Half Levitate - resistance, not immunity, to ground.
Half Pressure - first move used against this Pokemon (each time it is sent out) loses two PP.

C'mon, come up with more dormant abilities, this could get interesting!
---
Some people seek argument - sometimes it's best to deny them that by ignoring certain topics. In general, be kind.
#14kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 1:19:32 AM
Volren617 posted...
Nah. I'd prefer keeping it binary and having to decide on tradeoffs rather than having an ability and a half.

Besides how would that work for stuff like Salamence or Gyarados? There aren't any half stages so either Intimidate or Moxie would lose out.

You guys are too literal. Maybe the moves are just half as effective.

Like dormant Intimidate/Moxie could have a 50% chance of activating.

Derejin posted...
Faust_8 posted...

Actually not - with a bit of creativity, just assign every ability a weaker variation.
I kinda like this idea, though I'm fine with how things are..

but let's get creative anyway!

Half Levitate - resistance, not immunity, to ground.
Half Pressure - first move used against this Pokemon (each time it is sent out) loses two PP.

C'mon, come up with more dormant abilities, this could get interesting!

This guy gets it.

Also with the inclusion of DW abilities, maybe a primary ability and secondary ability would work better?
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#15kaonohiokala(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 1:24:02 AM
ok i don't like hax i'm over this idea already. cool on some abilities, others not so much
---
"I am champion of Bellator. I am face of Bellator now. Who want with belt? Come on with cage. I am beat you. -Alexander Shlemenko
#16TherianReturnsPosted 7/18/2013 1:29:28 AM
I prefer the idea of making hidden abilities no longer 'hidden'
---
I am the only true Pokemon fan. Find me at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AdventOfTherian/about