This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Truly sad elements in the coming game or anime

#1kclaujamesPosted 7/18/2013 5:20:31 AM
It may just be my feeling, but I think a story based on mythology is perfect for including really, truly sad plots or elements. The saddest moments in Pokemon were those times where a trainer leaving his Pokemon, or as a close second, the ending of a once-in-a-lifetime encounter (n.b. Max and Jirachi). Since there is this destruction theme in the coming gen, I would think even sadder elements can be introduced. This could be a possibility of forever not being able to see a Pokemon again, but it not necessarily need to involve death (but death has been hinted in the game and anime in the past, I think it is time to seriously include it into the series - could involve depiction of the detailed process of how death occurs in Pokemon - not just the aftermath). And then we will see people or Pokemon going through emotional crisis - real emotional crisis, not just some "down times" which ends overnight or after another victory in a battle.

This could result in a real change of the "genki" or "happy" direction of Pokemon. But this I think is something yet to be done and could add a novel aspect to Pokemon.
#2deadpool848Posted 7/18/2013 5:26:42 AM
Once people begin to crack into 3ds games, i can see post apocalyptic ROM hacks for pokemon X and Y, maybe something like Yevetal has gone out of control and began causing world wide destruction without warning, while Xernius is missing, so your goal in the journey is to find out what happned to Xernius, see if you can find him, ask for his assistance and have him help you take down Yevetal. And this all takes place in a world thats in utter chaos.
#3kclaujames(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 6:26:28 AM
A "Day After Tomorrow" scenario could be interesting. An opening using the song from Elfen Lied would fit the anime perfectly. That would be unique.
#4rocknroller365Posted 7/18/2013 8:50:55 AM
deadpool848 posted...
Once people begin to crack into 3ds games, i can see post apocalyptic ROM hacks for pokemon X and Y, maybe something like Yevetal has gone out of control and began causing world wide destruction without warning, while Xernius is missing, so your goal in the journey is to find out what happned to Xernius, see if you can find him, ask for his assistance and have him help you take down Yevetal. And this all takes place in a world thats in utter chaos.

Um yes please.
#5hyperdimeduckPosted 7/18/2013 9:04:00 AM
rocknroller365 posted...
deadpool848 posted...

Um yes please.

I'd play it.
---
3DS FC: 4682-8590-2294
Official Jack Frost of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#6PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/18/2013 9:08:01 AM
The only reason I can see anything really sad happening again is if it goes with the theme that to know true happiness is to know true sorrow, which is totally fine. They've done it before after all.

The last time we had a character die onscreen(kinda) was Hunter J and her minons. But it wasn't sad, it was more or less deserved.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)