This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Imagine an ability to counter stealth rock

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Imagine an ability to counter stealth rock

User Info: Hierarchy225

Hierarchy225
3 years ago#11
We already have that. Its called Magic Bounce, and Magic Guard.
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870

User Info: Mienchise

Mienchise
3 years ago#12
KOing a stealth rock user by a simple ability is actually too much. That's the reason why GF hasn't implemented such a game-breaking ability and instead gave us Magic Bounce and Magic Guard...

Maybe suggesting an item that prevents indirect damage would be the better idea.
Pokemon White: 3612-0902-4137 (David).
3DS FC: 1306-5494-8828 (Doomsday).

User Info: Cheesepower5

Cheesepower5
3 years ago#13
Trap Sense: Avoids entry hazards, Arena Trap and only takes one round of damage from bind/firespin/etc.

Obviously, it'd be a broken-ass legendary ability.

Name totes not ripped from D&D.
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.

User Info: RDS1

RDS1
3 years ago#14
It should be on a Bug/Flying-type instead.
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)

User Info: Scott1187

Scott1187
3 years ago#15
GilgameshSwords posted...
NaughtyGhost posted...
That's a little too much.

It's not enough, Stealth Rock has become so over centralised to the point where 9.5/10 teams on Showdown for example have it and most people have to carry a Rapid Spinner to deal with it.

I'm that jerk who uses Stealth Rock on my mono-Ghost team (Golurk!) just to annoy you by making your Rapid Spinner useless. Well, unless you carry Foresight, but who does that?
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854

User Info: yzman

yzman
3 years ago#16
Its ok, they are probably thanking you for bringing a team that is all pursuit bait.
"As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away."

User Info: MagusNotFrog

MagusNotFrog
3 years ago#17
There should be, seeing as how Stealth Rock is become quite an overpowered move.

User Info: Scott1187

Scott1187
3 years ago#18
yzman posted...
Its ok, they are probably thanking you for bringing a team that is all pursuit bait.

How many people run Pursuit? You see it sometimes, sure, but not enough to make a Ghost team useless. And I rarely need to switch anyway. My Ghost team wins probably 3 out of 4 games, so I dont really care if people think my team is 'Pursuit bait', because it's still working.
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1679-1616-3854

User Info: Gsus_94

Gsus_94
3 years ago#19
GilgameshSwords posted...
NaughtyGhost posted...
That's a little too much.

It's not enough, Stealth Rock has become so over centralised to the point where 9.5/10 teams on Showdown for example have it and most people have to carry a Rapid Spinner to deal with it.

I get it, stealth rock is overpowered now, but at least come up with a serious ability. The ability essentially reads "switch in and OHKO the opposing Pokemon." Keep switching your pokemon out and back in and you win. How about you try again.
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. Imagine an ability to counter stealth rock

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived