This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ash is in Kalos region and Iris and Cilan are still around

#21X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/18/2013 10:43:51 AM
I like Iris, I can see myself adopting her if I was Drayden.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#22Burrito_InvaderPosted 7/18/2013 10:54:18 AM
Yay Iris is back >:D
#23PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/18/2013 10:57:57 AM
It doesn't matter who the staff replaces, it's become quite clear that the BW staff was the problem more so than the characters themselves. You want them to replace Ash with another typical shonen hero so he to can be written like crap?

At least Cilian does stuff and is portrayed as strong. All Brock did was be there and hit on girls, and after he joined the group he lost any semblance of battle skill he showed in his first encounter.

Team Rocket was at it's best when not being stupid in BW, I actually loved it when they did appear. I do not understand how people think they used to be funny after Orange Islands to DP, losing in the stupidest ways and taking up half the screentime at that.

You know there's something wrong with a show when the side characters are more engaging than the main heroes. The heroes are flat as cardboard. Heck, they couldn't let TR's character growth stick, and they're back to being bumbling stalkers out to capture Pikachu and doing otherwise petty crimes.

It depends on how it's done. Hunter X Hunter follows that motif to a T, and it's just amazing how that world is developed to the point that you don't even care that the main hero is typical shonen hero 1.2.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#24AuraWielderPosted 7/18/2013 11:13:04 AM
You know, I actually don't mind Iris and Cilan a whole lot. I actually found Cilan's quirks to be sort of endearing in an odd way. And I feel Iris is... OK. So far, she's completely failed to meet up to the standards of her game character. It's Ash more than anything that has long overstayed his welcome, and whom I dislike the most. I like his personalities in the FANFICTION better than the actual anime.
One thing I would say that irks me is that near the beginning of the series, Axew was dreaming about being a Haxorus someday. It's more than obvious that they will never evolve him (unless Iris maybe travels to Kalos like Misty in AG, May in DP, etc.). Why? He's too much of a kid-appeal character. I just don't care much for the anime anymore. I still watch the movies, but that's pretty much it.
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/
#25Sir WillPosted 7/18/2013 11:27:03 AM
Team Rocket was at it's best when not being stupid in BW, I actually loved it when they did appear. I do not understand how people think they used to be funny after Orange Islands to DP, losing in the stupidest ways and taking up half the screentime at that.

Yeah. I liked them in DP when they sold stuff or did contests. Not when they took up half the episode with the same plan they always do.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#26Grammar_manPosted 7/18/2013 1:55:31 PM
Sinnoh's overall plot and such, and Hoenn's overall chemistry= Best season yet.

Unova was a return to the Kanto style, and while that was enjoyably corny(and bad), this happening right after two excellent(for the pokemon anime) sagas.

Essentially every annoying side Iris has? Misty has them as well.

They tried to recapture the charm of Kanto and failed(because a ton of that charm is just pure nostalgia...). That being said, I liked a few things about Unova:

Almost everything about the recurring rivals. They were very enjoyable, espesially while meeting up and interacting. We got actual battles with them every now and then. The fact that all three had them was great, too. In fact, one of the things I'm worrying about is closure on them.
#27PkmTrainerAbramPosted 7/18/2013 4:39:08 PM
I loved the comedy in Unova, but they didn't need to retcon Ash to do that.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Plat/HG(492/492, 3/4 Star Trainer Card,), Street Fighter 3(Xbox online sparingly)
#28MickeyRocksaPosted 7/18/2013 4:43:14 PM
Firetruck ..... mofo
---
Fight Me.... MICKEYx 3ds FC: 4141-2356-8625 ...pm me first
feel free ......I will break you ^v^
#29WiiareVenomPosted 7/18/2013 6:06:11 PM
InhaledCorn posted...
kito-efil posted...
Yeah.... The anime kinda died for me the moment brock left... ._. It realy.... Just yeah.... Plus cilan and iris make abiut as much sense as how ash manages to lose to fricken newbie trainers in the show. ._.

I'm actually kinda happy Brock left. The writers weren't really doing anything with him anymore other than his tired, overused joke and exposition.

But, Iris and Cilan are falling in the same trap of not doing anything. Iris is supposed to be some bad- a** Dragon Master in the game who then goes onto conquer the Elite 4. In the anime, she's annoying, obnoxious, and had a potential arc between her and Dragonite similar to her and Charizard that just fixes itself without any sort of explanation. Cilan is quirky and over-the-top and explains what the heck is going on. In other words, he's exactly like Brock without constantly hitting on girls.

You know there's something wrong with a show when the side characters are more engaging than the main heroes. The heroes are flat as cardboard. Heck, they couldn't let TR's character growth stick, and they're back to being bumbling stalkers out to capture Pikachu and doing otherwise petty crimes.

But, it's okay. It's a kids show. There will always be new suckers born to replace the ones they lost.

Worse, they seem to bust Team Rocket for "stealing" wild Pokémon an awful lot<.<
---
Democracy is when 2 wolves and a sheep meet to decide who is for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has a gun.
#30Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 7/18/2013 6:27:28 PM
Grammar_man posted...
Sinnoh's overall plot and such, and Hoenn's overall chemistry= Best season yet.

Unova was a return to the Kanto style, and while that was enjoyably corny(and bad), this happening right after two excellent(for the pokemon anime) sagas.

Essentially every annoying side Iris has? Misty has them as well.

They tried to recapture the charm of Kanto and failed(because a ton of that charm is just pure nostalgia...). That being said, I liked a few things about Unova:

Almost everything about the recurring rivals. They were very enjoyable, espesially while meeting up and interacting. We got actual battles with them every now and then. The fact that all three had them was great, too. In fact, one of the things I'm worrying about is closure on them.

Yes. I'm worried that we saw the last of Trip/Bianca/Stephan. They were enjoyable. Hoenn focused a lot on May, so Morrison and Tyson were thrown in at the League basically.

I hope Burgundy and Georgia go to Kalos if Iris and Cilan do return. May's rivals returned for Battle Frontier.
---
Dark Magician, attack!