This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm surprised X is the more popular version

#11chunkyshtewPosted 7/18/2013 12:30:42 PM
There are more white people in north america, which is why pokemon white sold more than black. My black friend says he'd rather play sports over pokemon any day, which may also explain why he has an easier time attracting the lady types.
---
d(^o^)b ~ And then I ate the bowl!
#12Firelion6593Posted 7/18/2013 12:31:08 PM
Sir Will posted...
I wonder if it was because you could catch so many more pokemon in it than Black.

It was pretty much Zekrom's popularity alone that sold so many copies of White in the U.S. Reshiram is more popular in Japan, IIRC, and Black definitely sold more copies there.

Chances are Y is going to be more popular in the U.S., at least.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#13Thepenguinking2Posted 7/18/2013 12:31:40 PM
Y would you ever get X?
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 31
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
#14PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 7/18/2013 12:40:19 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
There are more white people in north america, which is why pokemon white sold more than black. My black friend says he'd rather play sports over pokemon any day, which may also explain why he has an easier time attracting the lady types.

Uh, no.

I bought Black version and I'm white as snow. If i can do do it, others can too. My generalization is just about as much proof as yours. Not trying to be snooty, it's just funny that you pulled the race card and it's just oh so wrong lol. Most of the people who bought the game were kids and parents most likely. lol, thats a lot of subconsciously racist/racially biased children and parents!

I always thought White was more popular because of the White Forest in it. The city or whatever it was in Black(it was just that memorable that I remember the version I NEVER played over the one I actually did) was just LAME. That, and the choices in exclusives in one version typically trump the other.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#15chunkyshtewPosted 7/18/2013 12:56:55 PM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
chunkyshtew posted...

Uh, no.

I bought Black version and I'm white as snow. If i can do do it, others can too. My generalization is just about as much proof as yours. Not trying to be snooty, it's just funny that you pulled the race card and it's just oh so wrong lol. Most of the people who bought the game were kids and parents most likely. lol, thats a lot of subconsciously racist/racially biased children and parents!

I always thought White was more popular because of the White Forest in it. The city or whatever it was in Black(it was just that memorable that I remember the version I NEVER played over the one I actually did) was just LAME. That, and the choices in exclusives in one version typically trump the other.

I believe that there was subconscious racial bias in parents/children when buying the game, also the fact that white is connotated with purity, and black more-so with evil. If I were on the spot, I would instinctively buy white for my child regardless of his/her race. But race may be factored in subconsciously like you mentioned.

On the topic of X/Y, I believe that X will be more more popular amongst females as they have two X chromosomes, where as only X and Y will be equally purchased by males since they have both an X and a Y chromosome. This subconscious marketing should result in a better sales balance between X/Y than with White/Black.
---
d(^o^)b ~ And then I ate the bowl!
#16GundamX99(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 2:22:06 PM
chunkyshtew posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
chunkyshtew posted...

Uh, no.

I believe that there was subconscious racial bias in parents/children when buying the game, also the fact that white is connotated with purity, and black more-so with evil. If I were on the spot, I would instinctively buy white for my child regardless of his/her race. But race may be factored in subconsciously like you mentioned.

On the topic of X/Y, I believe that X will be more more popular amongst females as they have two X chromosomes, where as only X and Y will be equally purchased by males since they have both an X and a Y chromosome. This subconscious marketing should result in a better sales balance between X/Y than with White/Black.

Woah there Mr. Psychology PhD calm down. A large population of people aren't even fully aware of how X and Y chromosomes work.
---
3DS FC: 0602-6560-6380
#17Firelion6593Posted 7/18/2013 2:24:52 PM
chunkyshtew posted...

Okay dude, I think you're reading WAY too deep into all this.

Also, it would skew purchases in the direction of X over Y. That's like basic math.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#18AlphaDiamondPosted 7/18/2013 2:53:09 PM
well, to be honest, i like more yveltal, and i will buy Pokemon Y, but since there are more users coming to X board and there are more topics here, i usually come here.