This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Vulpix banned in Little cup instead of Drought?

#11Misdreavus573Posted 7/18/2013 12:46:06 PM
inTaCtfuL posted...
Misdreavus573 posted...
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Misdreavus573 posted...
Because Smogon is lazy.

Typical response of those who know nothing

The it's a slippery slope argument.

In other words, laziness.

but it's not a slippery slope at all, it's banning a single ability, i agree with the tc but it does really seem like you have no idea what you're talking about

I know it's not a slippery slope, that was what his argument was.

I was agreeing with the TC.
#12iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 12:47:21 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
Vulpix is the only LC Pokemon that has Drought in LC and no one is going to use Vulpix anyway since there are better Fire-types, so it's not like it really matters

Not everyone plays to make it to the top of the ladder, some people play to have fun, and will use Vulpix because they like it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13_KGC_Posted 7/18/2013 12:55:35 PM
Looks like I didn't even need to ask as it was already ask before hand, here's their answer:

"When we were deciding whether to ban Vulpix or just its ability, we decided to ban Vulpix as a whole, because we felt that banning just parts of a Pokemon is messy. The only time we've ever made an exception with this policy is when we banned Moody, because Moody is... an exception haha

EDIT: "We" being the tiering voters/policy makers/heads at the time "

---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#14iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 12:56:35 PM
_KGC_ posted...
Looks like I didn't even need to ask as it was already ask before hand, here's their answer:

"When we were deciding whether to ban Vulpix or just its ability, we decided to ban Vulpix as a whole, because we felt that banning just parts of a Pokemon is messy. The only time we've ever made an exception with this policy is when we banned Moody, because Moody is... an exception haha

What about Drought and Sand Stream in UU and under?
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#15Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/18/2013 12:57:53 PM
iKhanic posted...
_KGC_ posted...

Banned

Snow Warning is the only weather ability allowed in UU and below
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#16iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 12:58:49 PM
Rad_Dudesman posted...
iKhanic posted...
_KGC_ posted...

Banned

Snow Warning is the only weather ability allowed in UU and below

I know it's banned. My question is why is Drought okay to ban in UU and below, but not in LC?
---
#17_KGC_Posted 7/18/2013 1:01:45 PM
I can't answer for them but IIRC there's different groups of leaders for each tier and I guess the UU guys felt the need to ban Drought while the LC people felt the need to ban Vulpix.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#18iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 1:02:44 PM
_KGC_ posted...
I can't answer for them but IIRC there's different groups of leaders for each tier and I guess the UU guys felt the need to ban Drought while the LC people felt the need to ban Vulpix.

So the answer to the question is inconsistency within Smogon. Cool.
---
#19elconoMPosted 7/18/2013 1:09:42 PM
Chlorophyll outspeeding
Fire Blast and Flamethrower will hurt (see stats at Level 5)
same as above, for TM 22 Solarbeam, a 120 base power & high accuracy attack
Blaze boosts

not hard to think for my self
---
age 29 - 3DS FC 5171.9701.9373-XBL- SuLFurousGaLaxy
My ACNL needs pear-orange. Unova FC-1808-0126-2401 - GTA.Pkmn.Pandora.Albion.HALO3
#20RX0megaPosted 7/18/2013 1:17:37 PM
Because Smogon for all the good they do is sometimes incredibly stupid. They wheel out the "we don't like complex bans" crap far too often, yet when something they themselves like to abuse (like, say, Drizzle in OU) they will bend over backwards by instating THE single most complex ban in gen 5 to keep it around.

Yet lord forbid we should have normal Blaziken available, lord forbid Vulpix should be useable in Little Cup.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
Tales of series >>>>>>>>>> Final Fantasy series post-VI