This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who should be my 6th mon?

#1pokemon2pokerPosted 7/18/2013 12:32:20 PM
My fab 5 needs a 6th mon. My fab 5 includes:

Staraptor
Jolteon
Nidoking
Hitmontop
Heracross

Who would be the best 6th mon, from a synergy standpoint, for my competitive team?
---
A+E
#2pokemon2poker(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 12:34:06 PM
It wouldn't let me post the op with Heracross listed before Hitmontop. It thought was trying to censor bypass the word s***. Silly gamefaqs...
---
A+E
#3-Chespear-Posted 7/18/2013 12:34:34 PM
A specially defensive pokemon that can take in fire-type moves. I recommend using swampert.
---
"No excessive trolling. (The Butters rule)"
#4Thepenguinking2Posted 7/18/2013 12:35:45 PM
Just put something like a period or a (To avoid censor bypass).
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 31
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
#5pokemon2poker(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 12:36:58 PM
-Chespear- posted...
A specially defensive pokemon that can take in fire-type moves. I recommend using swampert.

Over Gastrodon? I should've maybe mentioned that this is for a vgc team. Gastrodon could further aid my team in keeping those silly rain teams at bay.
---
A+E
#6-Chespear-Posted 7/18/2013 12:38:22 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
-Chespear- posted...

Over Gastrodon? I should've maybe mentioned that this is for a vgc team. Gastrodon could further aid my team in keeping those silly rain teams at bay.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about gastrodon...
---
"No excessive trolling. (The Butters rule)"
#7ArabianPenguinsPosted 7/18/2013 12:40:24 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
It wouldn't let me post the op with Heracross listed before Hitmontop. It thought was trying to censor bypass the word s***. Silly gamefaqs...

It's ridiculous. I had similar issues where I would make a list of Pokemon that I missing for competing the Pokedex and I would receive the same exact message. smh
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146
#8pokemon2poker(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 12:46:17 PM
I feel like swampert would be better for triples. Together, CutiePie and Swampert, could pull off a pledge combo, and run wide guard zigzags. It could be fun, but I feel it's best to just start offing mons, before they off you, once you pull off a grass/water combo. The thought of destroying my opponents speed only to proceed to go on the defensive doesn't really make too much sense to me from a strategic standpoint. But I still like the idea of CutiePie and Swampert running wide guard zigzags and pulling off pledge combos.
---
A+E