This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you suppose the "bomb" that will be dropped, mentioned by Serebii, could be..

#1pokemon2pokerPosted 7/18/2013 11:57:13 AM
No backwards compatibility?

They've released a lot of information on XY to get us all excited for the games, but they've released no official statement about backwards compatibility other than that they're working on it and that it might be too complicated. I believe the developers and marketers know full well that there's not going to be backwards compatibility, and they also know that lots of people would lose interest after that revelation. Instead, they're trying to get you so soft and excited, for the new games and pokemon, that you accept the "bomb" that will be dropped on us all in next month's CoroCoro.

I really hope I'm wrong on the matter, but yeah...
---
A+E
#2Firelion6593Posted 7/18/2013 11:58:47 AM
You don't hype something like "Yeah, we can't do backwards compatibility" with "The biggest news of the century." Generally that's for positive stuff.

And they wouldn't hype it in the first place.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#3reannamatorPosted 7/18/2013 11:59:08 AM
I really hope that's not the case, too.

It won't be a deal breaker on me buying the games or not, but I really would not be pleased to hear that. :(
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
#4FuneralCakePosted 7/18/2013 12:01:53 PM
I doubt bit. In my mind, if backwards compatibility were not going to be possible, they would have said "no comment" instead of "we're working on it."

The "big announcement" next month is going to be something completely different.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#5patkelly929Posted 7/18/2013 12:02:19 PM
Part of me wants it, and part of me doesn't.

As much fun as it would be to be able to stomp the Elite 4 by passing my Groudon into the next Generation, I'd rather not have access to ridiculously high level Pokemon on day one.

I'd like to put the work in again.
---
"Gary was here. Ash is a loser!" = Greatest Tramp Stamp Ever
#6keyos27Posted 7/18/2013 12:06:37 PM(edited)
Personally, I do not mind starting fresh. Although, I will be missing my legit shiny Pokemon and other beloved EV trained Pokemon who plugged along with me for many years, it is surely a great news for Hackers (Sarcasm)
#7Gsus_94Posted 7/18/2013 12:07:32 PM
patkelly929 posted...

As much fun as it would be to be able to stomp the Elite 4 by passing my Groudon into the next Generation, I'd rather not have access to ridiculously high level Pokemon on day one.

Well, there are two simple solutions

1. If you want to put in the work, then just don't transfer Pokemon from the previous gen. It's that simple.
2. Make transfers possible post game (like the last two generations)
---
3DS FC: 0473 7779 6792
ACNL: Melo from Besaid
#8hellslingerPosted 7/18/2013 12:08:18 PM
patkelly929 posted...

But even if the feature is in you can still do that.

That's why the argument for starting from scratch is a pointless one because you can still do that. It's ridiculous for the thing to be forced (not saying you're doing this just many are) on everyone when the amount of people that want to bring over pokemon they've had for years is much MUCH bigger then the group that wants to start from scratch.
---
http://i.imgur.com/0nnGT1c.jpg
#9ClassyOldHatPosted 7/18/2013 12:08:53 PM
patkelly929 posted...

I'm starting to feel like a broken record in these topics lately.

Remember generation 4? Remember how it had backwards compatibility? Do you remember when the backwards compatibility activated?

If your answer was "after I'd beaten the Elite Four with Pokemon acquired and worked on in the new generation, thus implying that I didn't have high level pokemon on day one, and had to put in the work again." You'd be right.

Remember generation 5? Remember how it had backwards compatibility? Do you remember when the backwards compatibility activated?

If your answer was "after I'd beaten the Elite Four with Pokemon acquired and worked on in the new generation, thus implying that I didn't have high level pokemon on day one and had to put in the work again." You'd be right.

There's precedent here. Your worries are unfounded.
#10AuraWielderPosted 7/18/2013 12:10:58 PM
I really, really, really, really, (x100) hope NOT. It would actually be a giant deal-breaker for me. I highly doubt they'll remove backwards compatibility, though. DS and 3DS are compatible with each other (and can communicate as Pokemon Dream Radar proves), unlike the Game Boy Color and Advance, which weren't.
---
I am a Christian, and proud of it.
Founder of the deviantArt Noivern Fan Club! http://noivern-fan-club.deviantart.com/