This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want a ocean like Hoenn's in gen 6!

#1TaiphlosionPosted 7/18/2013 6:16:49 PM(edited)
Even though I've played pokemon since gen 1, my favorite gen is gen 3, especially because of how great hoenn is. Deserts, volcanoes, tropical forests, secret areas, it's literally the most complete pokemon world, and beats any other region, including kanto+johto put together. Most of the hidden stuff this game had was on the huge ocean many seen to hate. While sinnoh was also a great continent, the first thing i noticed when I beat pokemon diamond was the lack of ocean. There were no secrets in the same scale as R/S/E. No sky pillar, no abandoned ship, no underwater areas, no secret chambers with legendary pokemons and no secret caves/routes at all. Then we got unova, which is the most linear pokemon region ever and is really boring( I really like gen 5 for a lot of reasons, but the way the continent is pretty bad). Anyone else wants the ocean back?

I really miss exploring the ocean while listening to this fantastic song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmKGkK4lccs
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#2KillerMechanoidPosted 7/18/2013 6:15:16 PM
As long as they have more variety than Hoenn's oceans while surfing, go for it.
#3FuneralCakePosted 7/18/2013 6:16:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Za9Fl4q.gif
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#4LexifoxPosted 7/18/2013 6:17:19 PM
You mean an area that doesn't take up very much of the map and is largely optional because you have a map and destinations that are fairly well defined but people are gonna ***** anyway that "half the game is water"?
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#5Taiphlosion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 6:20:39 PM
Lexifox posted...
You mean an area that doesn't take up very much of the map and is largely optional because you have a map and destinations that are fairly well defined but people are gonna ***** anyway that "half the game is water"?

Pretty much. I love how much it added to the postgame and I when i started browsing the pokemon internet community I was surprised so many people hated such an awesome (and optional) area. this is not even considering how huge hoenn was even without the ocean.
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#6nickwarrior5Posted 7/18/2013 6:26:20 PM
I know what you mean. The challenge of going through forests and oceans kept me bussy. It took me longer to finish soulsilver than b2/w2.
#7Firelion6593Posted 7/18/2013 6:27:42 PM
I wouldn't mind an ocean like in Gen. III, as long as it wasn't f***ing vital to the plot you scour damn near every inch of it.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#8LightningHawk90Posted 7/18/2013 6:31:51 PM
You realize we've seen the map right?
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#9EternalNetherPosted 7/18/2013 7:21:14 PM
Gen III is sadly the only gen I never played. I just never got around to it. At the time I didn't own a GBA and by the time I was old enough to work and buy things I wanted I skipped it and went straight for a DS Lite. And by then there were so many DS games I wanted to play (including Gen IV Pokemon) I just chose to skip III altogether.

Someone go find me a video of all these 'cool things' that Gen III had to explore. Because I admit what the TC is talking about sounds exciting. Maybe they'll remake them soon.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#10Infernus93Posted 7/18/2013 7:53:51 PM
FuneralCake posted...
http://i.imgur.com/Za9Fl4q.gif

I usually don't care for .gif responses, but that's a good one.

The sentiment of "oh it's optional so you can't complain tee hee" baffles me. Of course I'm going to want to explore the entire map.

Whatever though, the Kalos map looks rad. I'm glad they always try to change up the land/waterscapes and region themes rather than try to reproduce similar environments. The series has enough of that in other areas.
---
I like Monster Rancher.