This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Mismagus becomes ghost fairy it will be in high OU. Gengar goes to UU.

#1Ubergeneral3Posted 7/18/2013 7:35:20 PM
Think about it. It is faster than every dragon except latias. It can his them for super effective and safely switch in.

Not only that but it hits dark types for SE too, and can be used to revenge kill TTar. It also counters fighting types by hitting them SE, in gen 5 fighting got some huge buffs, now it's time to cut them down and Mismagus has got what it takes.

What do you think? Is Gengar's days over?
---
If there is a 3rd version form pokemon black and white I will close my account.
#2Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/18/2013 7:36:49 PM
I want Gengar to hold on, as he and Starmie are the last two Gen 1 Pokemon to be OU in every generation, but if the power creep continues, then yeah, his days are over.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#3MalkyeaImbakPosted 7/18/2013 7:38:38 PM
xD I love your ideas and the only ou dragons that outspeed are the lati twins yes

but I don't think gengars days are over the hill just yet, sub disable will always be effective imo

and if fairies are overpopulating OU gengar(poison) will be there to keep them in check. If anything I expect a rise in gengars

I agree though fairy/ghost mismag would be amazing

Electric pokemon imo needs buffs or at least much much more dual typings
#4SkylaIsMyWifePosted 7/18/2013 7:41:54 PM
MalkyeaImbak posted...

and if fairies are overpopulating OU gengar(poison) will be there to keep them in check. If anything I expect a rise in gengars

About this point: Would this mean movesets PROMOTING the use of poison attack moves will happen?
---
You with a mud duck while i'm swimming with a Swanna 8D
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png
#5MalkyeaImbakPosted 7/18/2013 7:48:33 PM
sludge bomb/wave gengars aren't that uncommon these days but I would expect to see more poison moves just to hit fairy mons

A poison/fighting type would be just it hits everything besides ghost for neutral
#6Mudkip43Posted 7/18/2013 7:57:58 PM
MalkyeaImbak posted...
sludge bomb/wave gengars aren't that uncommon these days but I would expect to see more poison moves just to hit fairy mons

A poison/fighting type would be just it hits everything besides ghost for neutral

Toxicroak/Croagunk.
---
1249 6550 4063 Black 2 FC
#7MalkyeaImbakPosted 7/18/2013 8:15:30 PM
I def forgot about frogger xD

more we need more!
#8phoenixflame95Posted 7/18/2013 8:31:55 PM
I dunno about that...Gengar still has its valuable immunities and resistances, some of which the Poison type provides, and it has a great movepool too so even if not much changes about it, it still will remain solid to me. I mean it's not as though everyone uses one Dragon type over another...rather, many of them see usage for different reasons. The same would apply to these Ghosts if this scenario occurs.
#9EdwardoMario16Posted 7/19/2013 10:14:15 AM
Mismagius becoming Ghost/Fairy actually helps Gengar.

Gengar is still faster than Mage and can still smack her around with Ghost moves.

If Fairies like Sylveon are on rampant Dragon hunts in OU, Gengar will gain a renewed purpose as a Fairy Check/Counter by throwing Sludge Bombs around.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
White 2 FC: 3483 0523 8765
#10ScaredofzombiesPosted 7/19/2013 10:55:30 AM
I totally approve of Mismagius getting any sort of buffs...misdreavus/Mismagius are two of my favorite pokemon.
---
PSN: Nics hizzle (no space)