This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In your opinion, who are the 5 most popular Pokemon?

#11Silva-RequiemPosted 7/18/2013 9:00:49 PM
Oldschool trainers (those playing around Red to Crystal releases):

Pikachu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Lugia and Meowth

Midschool trainers (those who started playing around Ruby to LeafGreen releases):

Flygon, Kyogre, Latias/Latios, Suicune and Blaziken

Newschool trainers ( those who started playing around Diamond to White 2 releases):

Infernape, Staraptor, Togekiss, Kyurem - W and Hydreigon

maybe swap a few out... but these were the names I saw talked about the most in the anime, games and competitive battling communities... damn I'm old -_-
---
Never fear the fall...
#12iKhanicPosted 7/18/2013 9:04:33 PM
Lexifox posted...
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Meowth, and Mewtwo seem about right. They're the most "mascot" of the Pokemon.

Just because Gamefreak or Nintendo prop a character up as a mascot doesn't mean the character is automatically popular. I don't think I've seen many huge Pikachu, Jigglypuff, or Meowth fans out there. I'm not saying people hate them, but I don't think many people really love them.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13Yamato_sanPosted 7/19/2013 1:16:31 AM
I'd wanna say that Jigglypuff doesn't belong in the TC's post.... I mean, its popularity seems to have waned quite a bit over the years, considering it hasn't gotten a major anime appearance in forever, and even in the latest Smash Bros. game, she was relegated to the same status as Wolf and Toon Link: secret characters whom get no promotional coverage, play zero role in the Subspace Emissary, and whom are guaranteed to be the last set of characters you ever unlock (arguably, the only reason she wasn't removed completely is because her Sing/Rest combo made her worth playing with in previous games, albeit she was nerfed in Brawl). However, it seems to be getting a slight resurge lately, having been treated as a star player in Pokemon Conquest and now being played up as one of the few confirmed Fairy-type Pokemon at the moment.

iKhanic posted...
Lexifox posted...
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Meowth, and Mewtwo seem about right. They're the most "mascot" of the Pokemon.

Just because Gamefreak or Nintendo prop a character up as a mascot doesn't mean the character is automatically popular. I don't think I've seen many huge Pikachu, Jigglypuff, or Meowth fans out there. I'm not saying people hate them, but I don't think many people really love them.

the only reason GameFreak "propped" Pikachu as a mascot in the first place is because it was so popular. And even if Pikachu does get a lot of haters, there are even more people who love the guy, especially those who have barely gotten into the franchise and mostly recognize Pikachu alone.
#14MidnightCrewPosted 7/19/2013 2:29:53 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
5.Scizor
4.Scizor
3.Scizor
2.Scizor
1.Scizor
Anyone that disaggres is a troll in denial.

Correct, unless it's not for competitive, in which case

5. Lucario
4. Lucario
3. Lucario
2. Lucario
1. Lucario

*Sigh*
---
Official Scrafty Of The Black And White Clan, Official Misdreavus of The BW 2 Boards. Official Lorelei of the BW 2 Boards.
#15MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/19/2013 2:32:45 AM
Pokemon in General?
Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Snorlax

on Gamefaqs?
Charizard, Vanniluxe, Garbodor, Charizard & did I mention? Charizard!
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#16Legend524Posted 7/19/2013 2:34:54 AM
Who is the top 5 most popular pokemon in the world?

Charizard
Charizard
Charizard
Charizard
And charizard..

Because he spits hot fire
#17Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 7/19/2013 2:42:44 AM
eevee
scizor
charizard
mewtwo
gardevoir
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#18BossBalla90Posted 7/19/2013 3:32:44 AM
Pikachu, Squirtle, Charizard, Meowth, Jigglypuff
---
XBOX GT- OGWillyBucKs , PSN- WillyBucKs
3DS FC: 4983-6218-2864
#19Hierarchy225Posted 7/19/2013 4:01:09 AM
Realistically the 5 most popular Pokemon in the fandom are(in no particular order)..

1. Charizard
2. Mewtwo
3. Pikachu
4. Eevee
5. Lucario
---
The Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870
#20TheoryGentPosted 7/19/2013 4:17:11 AM
1. Charizard
2. pikachu
3. meowth