This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Point out random fun facts

#41Arne83Posted 7/19/2013 1:11:20 AM
Scott1187 posted...
kito-efil posted...
jtmore15 posted...
kito-efil posted...
jtmore15 posted...
In the anime, it takes them 10 years of our time to travel across the sun, therefore Ash will age by Gen 11.

Frankly Granbull as the term year is defined as the time taken to complete ine cycle around the sun. Ash has repeatedly used the terms 'its been a year' or multiple years stating that their time year has already happened at that point so that doesnt explain any slow aging :I nice try at the logic though.

There's literally no other way that five years can pass in the anime and he's still ten.

Theres litterally no way period. Except for if he left the planet flew the opposite direction of the orbit and landed back on the planet because then hed never have completed an orbit of the sun except for the 10 times before the anime started therefore via technicallity making him be 10 YEARS old.

:I so yeah no way to explain it other than technicality or lugia gave him the fountain of youth or something weird like that.

WAIT THATS IT!! Everstone -.- gosh dang it...

Or, you know, the fan theory that Ash is in a coma and is dreaming everything that is happening is actually true. That's a perfectly reasonable and logical explanation too. Just sayin'

No it's not. If it was true, he would probably be dead by this point.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#42GensokyoPosted 7/19/2013 1:14:31 AM
With Gen 3, the color of all shiny Pokémon was changed.
#43Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 7/19/2013 2:04:26 AM
mew is from guyana, making it the only pokemon to be from a real country and not a pokemon country.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#44Yamato_sanPosted 7/19/2013 4:05:59 AM(edited)
all those bits where Ash mentioned a year passing were in the dub only. Excessive Pokeshipping hints were thrown in by the dub as well.

I find it interesting to note that, with Wonderguard and other abilities taken into account, Rock, Dark, and Flying are the only types currently capable of hitting EVERY Pokemon without assistance (like with Foresight, Mold Breaker, or the Ring Target). Seems all the more amusing since Flying's not usually viewed as a good offensive type (competitive battlers rarely ever use it outside of STAB).

Outside of promotional events, Regigigas is one of the most difficult Pokemon to legitimately obtain in generation 4 (and even in generation 5, it still requires cross-version trading).... and yet GameFreak still felt the need to handicap it in the worst possible way (meanwhile, you can get some of the most broken monsters in existence as part of the main storyline).

Iris is voiced in Japan by Aoi Yuki, the same actress who voices Madoka Kaname, the titular character of Madoka Magica. Nobuko (Normajean in the dub), a one-shot character at the end of Diamond/Pearl whom appears literally two episodes before Iris's debut, is voiced by Chiwa Saito (who plays Homura Akemi). The two future co-workers just barely missed eachother back there.

Also, Pokemon is short for Pocket Monsters..... and cows go "moo".

Arne83 posted...
In the anime, it was originally planned for the GS Ball to contain a Celebi. However, due to Celebi playing a major role in the fourth movie, it was deemed redundant. So the entire GS Ball story arc was dropped completely and it was never mentioned again in hopes that fans would soon forget about.

BUT I'LL NEVER FORGET! F*** YOU HAVING SO MUCH DAMN BUILD UP ONLY TO HAVE IT LEAD TO ABSOLUTELY NO PAY OFF!

Another fun fact... I'm still bitter about GS Ball story arc getting dropped.

it's all the more aggravating when you consider that close to NOTHING happened in the three years that Jouto dragged out. If they wanted to pull something out of their ass to at least give the damn GS Ball a purpose, it's not like they were too constrained on time that they couldn't focus an episode or two on it. -_-

Aysander posted...
Sinnoh is by far the second-longest of Ash's journeys, mostly owing to the Arc-Style shift in AVG and onward. Only Unova appears to be close to surpassing it.

um.... Decolora Adventures? Yeah, Unova ain't surpassing s***. In fact, it hasn't even surpassed Hoenn (not that I'm complaining though; I think we're all better off now that this saga is just over with).
#45KitschgardenerPosted 7/19/2013 4:03:49 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
mew is from guyana, making it the only pokemon to be from a real country and not a pokemon country.

"This legendary Chinese POKEMON is considered magnificent. Many people are enchanted by its grand mane." - Gold Pokédex entry for Arcanine.
#46RTC3Posted 7/19/2013 4:09:14 AM
machamp has higher sp atk than speed

it is bs
---
Lakers. Black Mamba. Steve Ca$h. "Boom boom" Pau Gasol "Train." Ryan "Dirk 2.0" Kelly. we. already. won.
#47PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/19/2013 4:39:45 AM
Gensokyo posted...
With Gen 3, the color of all shiny Pokémon was changed.

Gyarados??
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#48zrh5033Posted 7/19/2013 4:42:04 AM
The only family of Ash that is seen is his mother. His father I believe is mentioned once in the pilot episode and NEVER again.

Not seen in English version but the Mewtwo from the first movie was friends with The doctor who cloned him's daughter who was also cloned. When the clone died Mewtwo became angry which in the movie is seen because he's worked on, not that a friend died. Sad sad tale...
---
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas! <(^_^<)(>^_^)>
Official Yarne of the FE: Awakening Board! Bunny monster!!!
#49ssj4warriorPosted 7/19/2013 4:42:37 AM
Yamato_san posted...
I find it interesting to note that, with Wonderguard and other abilities taken into account, Rock, Dark, and Flying are the only types currently capable of hitting EVERY Pokemon without assistance (like with Foresight, Mold Breaker, or the Ring Target). Seems all the more amusing since Flying's not usually viewed as a good offensive type (competitive battlers rarely ever use it outside of STAB).

Hmmm... I'm struggling to think what certain types can't hit. For example, what can't Bug or Steel hit? Drawing a blank at what Pokemon are immune to those.
---
Mentions of Cloyster - 484
Number of 56th posts stolen - 142
#50XazealPosted 7/19/2013 4:43:25 AM
ssj4warrior posted...
Yamato_san posted...

Hmmm... I'm struggling to think what certain types can't hit. For example, what can't Bug or Steel hit? Drawing a blank at what Pokemon are immune to those.

Shedinja.