This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Point out random fun facts

#61ScottThangPosted 7/19/2013 8:15:23 PM
Shedinja can learn Final Gambit via breeding.

Let that sink in.
---
Only on LUE would people be talking about Captain Planet commandeering the magic school bus- bronzeshadow
There is no cure for cancer- LUE's slogan
#62MagikarpRulesPosted 7/19/2013 8:26:04 PM
Oak was originally planned to play a bigger role in the first gen. Data of his team remains and can be accessed with a cheating device. He will get whichever starter is weak to yours, plus Gyarados, Tauros and I don't remember the other two. And at least in Yellow, at higher levels than that of your rival.
#63kito-efilPosted 7/19/2013 8:32:13 PM
The move Spalsh is epic in the anime as a feebas(or magikarp i dont remember the episode well) uses it to deflect piplup's bubble beam :D if only they could do that in the game...
---
Stop teaching kids if you're happy and you know it! ...It hurts timmy the T-rex's feelings when he cant clap like the other kids...
#64Arne83Posted 7/19/2013 8:36:51 PM
MagikarpRules posted...
Oak was originally planned to play a bigger role in the first gen. Data of his team remains and can be accessed with a cheating device. He will get whichever starter is weak to yours, plus Gyarados, Tauros and I don't remember the other two. And at least in Yellow, at higher levels than that of your rival.

The two you're forgetting are Exeggutor and Arcanine.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#65MagikarpRulesPosted 7/19/2013 8:41:01 PM
Arne83 posted...
MagikarpRules posted...

The two you're forgetting are Exeggutor and Arcanine.

Thanks. Interestingly, Exeggutor, Arcanine and Gyarados are all part of Blue's team in Gen 2. And two of them will be in his team in Red/Blue (his team is quite different in Yellow).
#66Yamato_sanPosted 7/19/2013 8:53:12 PM
jtmore15 posted...
In the anime, Jigglypuff stopped appearing after someone finally listened to her song (a Whismur with Soundproof) without falling asleep, thus ending her journey.

no, Whismur ended up falling asleep anyway because it was exhausted from the earlier battle. Though Jigglypuff still assumed that it was due to its own singing once again, wrote on its face, and left in a huff... dunno why they did that. The Whismur could've been the perfect audience for Jigglypuff, and the thing never appeared again afterwards anyway.

kito-efil posted...
In gen 3 sableye had an appearance change between saphire/ruby and the follow up emerald. In saphire and ruby sableye had only a ruby and saphire on his back but as of emerald version they added an emerald to his back.

I'm pretty sure if a back-sprite changed mid-generation, Bulbapedia would've mentioned it. You have any evidence of this?
#67kito-efilPosted 7/19/2013 9:08:28 PM
Yamato_san posted...

kito-efil posted...
In gen 3 sableye had an appearance change between saphire/ruby and the follow up emerald. In saphire and ruby sableye had only a ruby and saphire on his back but as of emerald version they added an emerald to his back.

I'm pretty sure if a back-sprite changed mid-generation, Bulbapedia would've mentioned it. You have any evidence of this?

Well i have to check on the saphire version but i cam see how they wouldve missed it. I turned on emerald version went into battle with sableye and the emerald stone is only being shown by a sliver over the menu boxes. You have to look realy close.
---
Stop teaching kids if you're happy and you know it! ...It hurts timmy the T-rex's feelings when he cant clap like the other kids...
#68BikdipOnABusPosted 7/19/2013 9:12:10 PM
When Pokemon Colosseum was released, a strangely large amount of effort was put into the fact that you couldn't obtain any Kanto Pokemon from that game that weren't already available in Ruby and Sapphire. (Colosseum itself didn't have ANY Kanto Pokemon, but you could trade them in from R/S after beating it). You could get Espeon, Umbreon, and Hitmontop, but all were male-only, and Ditto wasn't available yet, so you couldn't get Eevee or Tyrogue. There was actually a Scizor that was available through an e-Reader card, but it was also male-only, so you couldn't even get Scyther.

Magcargo was, up until Black and White, available without trading in every single game since its creation in Gold/Silver. This is noteworthy because it's the only Pokemon that could be found in all seven Gen 3 games. Now that it no longer holds that title, the Pokemon with the highest attendance record are Zubat/Golbat and Dodrio, being in every single game since Gen 1 with the exception of Colosseum.

Teddiursa is the only non-Kanto Pokemon (besides Deoxys) to have a sprite created specifically for FireRed and LeafGreen. This is most likely because of the Pokemon Jump minigame, since its original R/S sprite had it sitting down.
---
If you actively hate Justin Bieber... then you don't know what "intended audience" means. Hate Twilight instead, it's far worse.
#69KaizukezuPosted 7/19/2013 9:14:44 PM
The "M" on Zangoose's chest is actually an upside-down "W" for "Wicked". (Or "Wumbo", your choice.)
#70DrakoVongola1Posted 7/19/2013 9:34:04 PM
SpikeTbear posted...
Firemaster5 posted...
On a sunny day of 85 F, the inside temperature of a car can rise to 120 F in just thirty minutes. Unlike us, dogs don't have a sweat reaction. Also, it is recommended not to shave your dog in the summer as their coats help them to handle weather conditions.
Don't leave your pet in a closed, un-airconditioned vehicle in extreme heat conditions.

Or your babies, or your old people. It's absolutely shocking that people actually have to be told not to do this, but stupidity knows no bounds. I see a news story at least once a month about at least one of the three dieing or being kidnapped from being left in a car. And I live in Florida, the hottest place year round in the U.S. Come one people! Stop being morons!

Well that explains it.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.