This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Point out random fun facts

#71elconoMPosted 7/19/2013 9:44:09 PM
Think hard about Bagon. Then listen to the song "Headstrong" by TRAPT.
---
age 29 - 3DS FC 5171.9701.9373-XBL- SuLFurousGaLaxy
My ACNL needs pear-orange. Unova FC-1808-0126-2401 - GTA.Pkmn.Pandora.Albion.HALO3
#72SpikeTbearPosted 7/19/2013 9:46:12 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
SpikeTbear posted...
Firemaster5 posted...
On a sunny day of 85° F, the inside temperature of a car can rise to 120° F in just thirty minutes. Unlike us, dogs don't have a sweat reaction. Also, it is recommended not to shave your dog in the summer as their coats help them to handle weather conditions.
Don't leave your pet in a closed, un-airconditioned vehicle in extreme heat conditions.

Or your babies, or your old people. It's absolutely shocking that people actually have to be told not to do this, but stupidity knows no bounds. I see a news story at least once a month about at least one of the three dieing or being kidnapped from being left in a car. And I live in Florida, the hottest place year round in the U.S. Come one people! Stop being morons!

Well that explains it.

It's true. There is an incomprehensible number of stupid people here.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus
#73EchoPhoenixPosted 7/19/2013 10:05:39 PM
djmetal777 posted...
Azurill is the only pokemon from hoenn(gen 3) that is possible to get in fr/lg without trading(barring events in which you can also get deoxys)

Wynaut?
#74CyD13Posted 7/19/2013 10:25:52 PM
This is an awesome topic.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#75SkylaIsMyWife(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 7:52:54 PM
Any more?
---
You with a mud duck while i'm swimming with a Swanna 8D
http://i.imgur.com/VBsWOu2.png
#76Great_ReapettePosted 7/20/2013 8:12:01 PM(edited)
You can go at superspeed by getting a metal helmet, putting the helmet on, and attaching a magnet to it.
Volt Tackle, introduced in Gen III, could not be actually obtained until Emerald. Previously, it had to be obtained with Metronome.
Despite being considered a duo, and most considering a duo as having equal BSTs, Magmar has a higher BST than Electabuzz.
Skyla is still ugly.
Haunter has had three different cries over the course of the series.
Snorlax has the highest BST of any Pokémon that can hatch from an Egg.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#77animesonicxPosted 7/20/2013 8:22:27 PM
ash's dad is a robot so he never ages
---
official Ninja gallade of the Pokemon boards
im a vampire masked blueberry swordsman. all your arguments are now in valid- name not known
#78TomahaawkPosted 7/20/2013 8:25:00 PM
ssj4warrior posted...
Xazeal posted...
ssj4warrior posted...
Yamato_san posted...
I find it interesting to note that, with Wonderguard and other abilities taken into account, Rock, Dark, and Flying are the only types currently capable of hitting EVERY Pokemon without assistance (like with Foresight, Mold Breaker, or the Ring Target). Seems all the more amusing since Flying's not usually viewed as a good offensive type (competitive battlers rarely ever use it outside of STAB).

Hmmm... I'm struggling to think what certain types can't hit. For example, what can't Bug or Steel hit? Drawing a blank at what Pokemon are immune to those.

Shedinja.

Yeah wow ok, I forgot how to read. Not like it clearly said Wonderguard or anything.

Wait, what about Fire then? Unless I'm missing something, no type is unaffected by fire, and it is supereffective to bug, thus penetrating wonderguard.
---
IGN Echoedsong. Always looking for good god cards.
#79Great_ReapettePosted 7/20/2013 8:26:27 PM
Tomahaawk posted...
Wait, what about Fire then? Unless I'm missing something, no type is unaffected by fire, and it is supereffective to bug, thus penetrating wonderguard.

flash fire bro
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#80Yamato_sanPosted 7/21/2013 6:06:51 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
Haunter has had three different cries over the course of the series.

I just checked Bulbapedia, and it seems you're right; Haunter's cry was altered starting in generation 3 (and I'm assuming you're counting its Stadium cry to end up with three). I gotta wonder why the hell GameFreak did this yet never bothered to fix up the Pokemon that share the exact same cries (Charizard and Rhyhorn, or Poliwag and Ditto). All the more reason they need to friggin' retire those 8-bit cries already (moreso since the N64 variants, which did differentiate said Pokemon, have already existed).