This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which game was the best outside of battle mechanics?

#1iKhanicPosted 7/18/2013 10:02:18 PM
Which game was the best outside of battle mechanics? - Results (19 votes)
R/B/Y/FR/LG
0% (0 votes)
G/S/C/HG/SS
36.84% (7 votes)
RSE
15.79% (3 votes)
DPPt
15.79% (3 votes)
BW
10.53% (2 votes)
B2W2
21.05% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Let's take away the one factor we all know has evolved greatly over time
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2FuneralCakePosted 7/18/2013 10:04:18 PM
BW2, even ignoring the repel thing, which I assume is what you were talking about.

All the breeding changes in BW2 make it the game to breed Pokemon in. I don't really think any other game had any "outside of battle mechanics" that BW2 didn't have, either. I mean, you could cut grass in gen 3, and a few other minor things like that, but nothing significant.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#3iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 10:07:26 PM
FuneralCake posted...
BW2, even ignoring the repel thing, which I assume is what you were talking about.

All the breeding changes in BW2 make it the game to breed Pokemon in. I don't really think any other game had any "outside of battle mechanics" that BW2 didn't have, either. I mean, you could cut grass in gen 3, and a few other minor things like that, but nothing significant.

It doesn't have to just be about mechanics. It can have to do with the overall game's design as well

RBYFRLG had the Safari Zone and pretty decent gym leaders
GSCHGSS had Day/Night Pokemon, Headbutt trees, and a 2nd region
BW had a more involved story, but moved berries to the dream world
etc....
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US