This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel like alternate forms are GameFreak's way of backpedaling

#1PT_PiranhaPosted 7/18/2013 9:20:28 PM
Like when they came up with Origin Forme Giratina.

"Man, this is a good design for Giratina. Crap, we already used that dinosuar-like design that we just spit out for Diamond and Pearl... Oh I know, we'll give it a new form in Platinum and with no reason to ever switch out!"

Or the Kamis.

"Man, Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus aren't really well received... Oh I know! We'll give them new forms and make them wildly different from each other! That'll get them more appreciation!"

Not that there's anything wrong with it or that I'm upset about anything. That's just how I interpret it when they give Pokemon different forms.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of GameFAQs-
#2PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/18/2013 9:22:05 PM
"shaymin doesn't look legendary enough..."
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#3PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 9:23:26 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
"shaymin doesn't look legendary enough..."

Yeah, forgot about Shaymin. But basically.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
#4CaptainRandom1Posted 7/18/2013 9:37:41 PM
But its a hedgehog that is actually a hedge. How can you get more legendary than that.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#5FuneralCakePosted 7/18/2013 9:39:04 PM
CaptainRandom1 posted...
But its a hedgehog that is actually a hedge. How can you get more hedgendary than that.

fixed
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#6Rad_DudesmanPosted 7/18/2013 9:41:17 PM
FuneralCake posted...
CaptainRandom1 posted...
But its a hedgehog that is actually a hedge. How can you get more hedgendary than that.

fixed

Oh, Carlos.
---
The official rad dude of the Pokemon X board.
#7PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 9:43:18 PM
FuneralCake posted...
CaptainRandom1 posted...

fixed

Have my internet-man-babies.
---
#8jnetheryPosted 7/18/2013 9:44:30 PM
Formes where there is a type change or different stats are fine. Formes like Resolute Keldeo though? It's just a different sprite...Pointless.
---
1: If you think your opinion is fact, then I will ignore you.
2: If you butcher the English language or abuse Netspeak, see #1.
#9PT_Piranha(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 10:32:47 PM
Meloetta came with an alternate form from the get-go. If the same principle applies, it means they just couldn't decide which form to give her (it?)
---