This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With the new Fairy type, maybe it is now possible?

#11SocranPosted 7/21/2013 4:51:59 PM
Rapidash is already a unicorn. I don't see how becoming a pegasus would make it any more Fairy, without giving it Flying. In fact, unicorns are much more "fairyish" than pegasi, who are usually more associated with Greek myths.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12Cheesepower5Posted 7/21/2013 4:58:38 PM
Socran posted...
Rapidash is already a unicorn. I don't see how becoming a pegasus would make it any more Fairy, without giving it Flying. In fact, unicorns are much more "fairyish" than pegasi, who are usually more associated with Greek myths.

Unicorns are from Greek myth too, just not as popularly because of Hercules and Disney.

Fairies are more associated with Northern European folklore, like the Germanic and Celtic people.
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#13SocranPosted 7/21/2013 5:06:24 PM
Cheesepower5 posted...
Socran posted...

Unicorns are from Greek myth too, just not as popularly because of Hercules and Disney.

Fairies are more associated with Northern European folklore, like the Germanic and Celtic people.

Actually, unicorns aren't from what we think of as "Greek myth" at all, but rather Greek (inaccurate) natural history. They believed it was a real creature, and didn't associate it with any magical powers or include it in many of their myths. It wasn't until the Europeans picked it up that it was given the fairy-tale treatment, which is why they have a much more "fairyish" feel to their mythical traits, with rainbows and virgins and whatnot.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#14gladwyn101Posted 7/21/2013 7:14:50 PM
Better yet, an alternate evolution for Rapidash that is Fire/Dark type with eight legs, based off of a Nightmare from D&D and Sleipnir, Odin's horse.
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)
#15Zacks_FairPosted 7/21/2013 7:25:17 PM
gladwyn101 posted...
Better yet, an alternate evolution for Rapidash that is Fire/Dark type with eight legs, based off of a Nightmare from D&D and Sleipnir, Odin's horse.

Screw a pegasus, I want a Sleipnir evo NAO
---
Official Hua Po of SMT4 board
#16Cheesepower5Posted 7/21/2013 7:31:17 PM
Socran posted...
Cheesepower5 posted...
Socran posted...

Actually, unicorns aren't from what we think of as "Greek myth" at all, but rather Greek (inaccurate) natural history. They believed it was a real creature, and didn't associate it with any magical powers or include it in many of their myths. It wasn't until the Europeans picked it up that it was given the fairy-tale treatment, which is why they have a much more "fairyish" feel to their mythical traits, with rainbows and virgins and whatnot.

Fair enough to think of it like that. I tend not to make the distinction between myth and historical falsehood. I'd call King Arthur, for example, a myth (even though I think he probably existed, though certainly not how we picture him.)
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#17Probit_ReturnPosted 7/21/2013 8:15:33 PM(edited)
Zacks_Fair posted...
gladwyn101 posted...

Screw a pegasus, I want a Sleipnir evo NAO

Both. One can be an X evolution, and the other can be a Y evolution, so to speak. Like that Mewtwo rumor.
---
Hinako danced crazy