This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your ideal rival?

#1HydreigoonPosted 7/19/2013 11:48:47 AM
A sibling for a change.
---
Games playing: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
LoL IGN: 0mnip0tent, previously known as Wyrm Wrath and Hydreigoon.
#2Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 7/19/2013 11:49:12 AM
i thought cheren/bianca were pretty good
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#3djmetal777Posted 7/19/2013 11:49:42 AM
your character should have a job and the rival should be your boss
---
Official Nascour of B2/W2 Boards
Official Scyther of B2/W2 Boards
#4Krio Lv3Posted 7/19/2013 12:06:22 PM
Honestly, someone like Paul, who takes full advantage of Type and IV's, and only catches Pokemon with max IV's, and throws away weak Pokemon. Gen 4 Anime was good for this, it felt like Paul was the logical trainer while Ash was the "If you believe you can do anything!" trainer, the idealist, and because of all Ash's loses his Pokemon built up more EV's and were able to overcome Paul in the end.

The game needs a rival who tells you to only catch Pokemon with good IV's (Since they may be shown in game) and with Type Advantage, and will only have Pokemon with Max IV's amping up the difficulty slightly. He needs to be a dick to you at first and slowly grow to respect you, and even look forward to your last match, and when you beat him, he'll say that you taught him a lot, and that not all Pokemon are weak, but can all grow through their trainer..
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
#5reannamatorPosted 7/19/2013 12:12:09 PM
I want a mean, nasty rival again. One that you want to beat all the more because he makes you so, so angry. He doesn't have to be evil, just a bully, a jerk, what have you.

So yeah. Like Paul.
---
I'm not a GRRL gamer; I'm just another kid who had a Nintendo and never grew out of it.
#6X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/19/2013 12:12:20 PM
The Pokémon champion that runs the game's "Team *******" that from the very beginning is trying to stop you directly from doing anything you want. From collecting badges, stopping their schemes, going to different downs.

Always detouring you or putting up traps along you way just to make sure you never reach the Elite Four ever.
Then when you beat them, they get arrested by the police and mark their words that they will come back for you tenfold.

Then a sequel is made a few years later with the same character, but in a new region (so it's a new Gen, just the same character) years older and set out to look up the new world. The game will use the same game syncing like Black2/White2 or Animal Crossing Wild World to City Folk that you can continue the game from where you left off last. The game will talk about the past adventures you have and recall your battles and such from the older region.

Your rival is on the loose yet again and your adventure it much longer, tougher, and much more puzzling.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#7Hughs_RagePosted 7/19/2013 12:13:48 PM
Hugh
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdtqd6EJTY1qlpahho1_500.jpg My husbando <3
#8CakeOfLiesPosted 7/19/2013 12:17:04 PM
Not Barry.
---
I'm not easily impressed; I'm usually oblivious to whatever's in front of me.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3139-7420-3142 - THIEF
#9Valorous_RolandPosted 7/19/2013 12:23:53 PM
I want a jerk again. I can't remember Paul (whatever gen he was from), but I want a rival of your opposite gender -- or, even better, two genders and you can pick ("Was my grandso--er, grandchild a girl or a boy?" Hehe).
The girl can be a clique leader who's bossy and dominating (if any of you have played the freeware horror game Misao (play it if you have a chance!), I want her to be like Yoshino).
The boy can be a general jerk, rude to everyone, the one that has underlings that only listen to him because they're afraid...
Maybe, after you beat them enough, they'll get angrier and angrier that you get the professor's love that they could join the evil team and become a big leader in it (not the boss, but like, Saturn to Galactic or Shelly to Aqua).

But nothing like:
Silver -- "Gah, you're so weak I hate weak people I don't care that you just creamed all my pokemon I hate you you're so weak I hate weak people--"
MC -- "Please shut up now."
---
Official President of the The National Association for the Preservation of Manikins (SMT: Nocturne)
#10X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/19/2013 12:24:48 PM
Valorous_Roland posted...
I want a jerk again. I can't remember Paul (whatever gen he was from), but I want a rival of your opposite gender -- or, even better, two genders and you can pick ("Was my grandso--er, grandchild a girl or a boy?" Hehe).
The girl can be a clique leader who's bossy and dominating (if any of you have played the freeware horror game Misao (play it if you have a chance!), I want her to be like Yoshino).
The boy can be a general jerk, rude to everyone, the one that has underlings that only listen to him because they're afraid...
Maybe, after you beat them enough, they'll get angrier and angrier that you get the professor's love that they could join the evil team and become a big leader in it (not the boss, but like, Saturn to Galactic or Shelly to Aqua).

But nothing like:
Silver -- "Gah, you're so weak I hate weak people I don't care that you just creamed all my pokemon I hate you you're so weak I hate weak people--"
MC -- "Please shut up now."

Paul is the anime's Silver.
Almost the same look.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.