This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your favorite and least favorite from each gen, and how they compare to this gen

#1EnferolunosPosted 7/19/2013 5:41:15 PM
80/80

Post your favorite and least favorite pokemon from each generation, including gen VI so far, and compare your gen VI favorite/least favorite to past gens

Favorite:
Gen I: Lapras
Gen II: Suicune (Followed by Skarmory and Mantine)
Gen III: Flygon (Followed closely by Absol)
Gen IV: Luxray
Gen V: Scolipede

Gen VI so far: Skrelp
It's not fair to compare this to fully evolved pokemon. I'd say Iike Skrelp more than Trapinch or Venipede, but probably not Shinx. If its evolution is as good as it is, I might like it more than some of the ones I listed above.

Least Favorite:
Gen I: Jynx (Followed closely by Mr. Mime and Magmar)
Gen II: Sunlora
Gen III: Nosepass (Followed closely by Gorebyss)
Gen IV: Probopass (Followed closely by Magmortar and Mamoswine)
Gen V: Garbodor (Followed closely by Conkeldurr)

Gen IV so far: Swirlix
It's kind of weird, but not as horribly hideous (to me) as the ones I listed. I really dislike the Sugimori artwork, but the pictures with limbs are a bit better, and I'm expecting its evo(s) to be much better.

So neither my gen VI favorite/least favorite outclass my other favorites/least favorites, which isn't really surprising, as we've only seen 1/4-1/6 of the new pokemon.
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#2X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/19/2013 5:52:32 PM
Favorite:
Gen I: Gengar
Gen II: Lugia
Gen III: Banette
Gen IV: Mismagius
Gen V: Cofa... the thing that Yamask evolve into

Gen VI so far: Yveltal
There isn't much shown yet but I can't say I like how the others look as much as Yveltal. He seems to be the best looking Legendary so far since Gen III.
To compare him to the others? Can't as Gengar to me is better than all of them.

Least Favorite:
Gen I: Articuno
Gen II: Houou (Next is Umbreon and very very few more)
Gen III: Swampert (Next is Ludicolo and a few more)
Gen IV: Dialga (Next is Rhyperior and many more)
Gen V: Reshiram (next is Samurott and many many many more)

Gen IV so far: Xenass (Next is no one so far unless you want to count humans)
I think Xenass is my least liked ever in any Gen so far. She/It can PROBABLY be beaten for first place when more are shown from the coming Gen, but I don't know. I don't see anything that would make me like it any more than I do right now. I can see it making me hate it more than I do right now though.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#3legitgamer405Posted 7/19/2013 6:01:47 PM
Favorite:
Gen I: Gengar (followed by Eevee)
Gen II: Togepi (followed by Ho-oh and Blissey)
Gen III: Ralts (followed by Torchic, Mudkip, Wynaut, and Deoxys)
Gen IV: ARCEUS!!!! (followed very closely by Lucario, Giratina, and Empoleon)
Gen V: Zoroark (followed by Volcarona and Zekrom)

Gen VI so far: Yveltal
He looks pretty cool to me. And I like that he's the "destruction Pokemon".

Least Favorite:
Gen I: Zubat (followed by Geodude)
Gen II: Unown
Gen III: Castform (followed by the Regis)
Gen IV: Purugly (followed by Skuntank)
Gen V: Garbodor

Gen IV so far: Swirlix
*sigh* No words for it.
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641
#4DarkDragon386Posted 7/19/2013 6:04:54 PM(edited)
Favorite:
1: Gyarados
2: Scizor
3. Swampert
4: Giratina
5: Haxorus
6: Skrelp

I too adore Skrelp. However, it's probably my least favorite of the favorites. Nothing is ever topping Gyarados I'd bet.

Going with NFEs, I like Skrelp better than Magikarp, Scyther, and Mudkip. Axew is a hard one to pick out though. It's so cute and awesome. I might just barely put Skrelp over Axew

Most of these are just by default kind of thing.
1: Tangela
2: Unown
3: Castform
4: Burmy
5: Pignite
6: Vivillon

I'd say Vivillon is just my least favorite just cause I like everything else more. Tangela and Castform would be in the same boat. I'd say it's better than all of my least favorites.
---
Not changing this sig until The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho happens on PPV (started October 4, 2009)
#5Rose_MagePosted 7/19/2013 7:01:26 PM(edited)
Favourites
Gen I ~ Bulbasaur, Golbat, Mewtwo, Moltres
Gen II ~ Cyndaquil, Sneasel, Sunflora, Totodile
Gen III ~ DEOXYS
Gen IV ~ Darkrai, Shaymin, Shinx
Gen V ~ Deerling, Frillish, Simisage, Snivy
Gen VI ~ Froakie, Inkay, Pancham, Talonflame

DEOXYS > All

Least Favourites
Gen I ~ Rhydon, Rhyhorn
Gen II ~ Entei
Gen III ~ Regice, Skitty
Gen IV ~ Glaceon, Leafeon, Lopunny, Mesprit, Rhyperior
Gen V ~ Ferroseed, Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus
Gen VI ~ Fennekin, Sylveon

I really don't like the Rhyhorn-line, but I am starting to dislike Fennekin and Sylveon more than them.

Overall, Gen VI only wins when it comes to hating things...Probably...I still like it.
---
R ~ Official Beth and Parvati of the SMTIV board, Official Caitlin of the PX board, Official Cherche of the FEA board, The_Sol_Blader's loving wife
#6RDS1Posted 7/19/2013 6:56:02 PM
Favorites:
Gen I: Rhydon
Gen II: Celebi
Gen III: Mawile
Gen IV: Froslass
Gen V: Meloetta
Gen VI: Helioptile

Helioptile is probably my least favorite of the bunch right now, unfortunately, because while I do like it's concept and design, it's an Electric/Normal type, and I'm not especially keen on either of those types. Also, Helioptile appears to be quadrupedal, a feature I tend to not like.

Least favorites:
Gen I: Ponyta/Rapidash
Gen II: Igglybuff or Kingdra
Gen III: Pelipper, Delcatty, or Walrein
Gen IV: Arceus
Gen V: Ducklett/Swanna
Gen VI: Litleo

Well... most of these are because there's something about their design I don't like, or because their existence causes other problems (like Igglybuff meaning that Wigglytuff will never get an evolution). Litleo is no different; it's easily my least favorite design of this generation (a bad sign for Fire-types after Gen V did so much to get me to like them better). Still, I can't say it's my least favorite overall, since it doesn't inspire the same kind of mindless worship that Arceus does, but still...

Overall, my favorite Gen VI Pokemon doesn't compare well to my previous favorites, but part of that is to be expected because I don't know as much about it yet and haven't had much time to get to know it, either. And since my least favorite Gen VI Pokemon isn't my least favorite overall, I think I can still hope for this gen to turn out great.
---
Official Bride and Wife of Noire
(of the Fire Emblem Awakening message board)
#7Enferolunos(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 9:26:11 PM
Bump
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8iKhanicPosted 7/19/2013 9:39:56 PM
Gen 1: Charizard
Gen 2: Espeon
Gen 3: Aggron
Gen 4: I don't really know. Most of them are horrible. But I'd say I like Glaceon the most
Gen 5: Samurott

Gen 6 so far: Yveltal: I like it more than everything but Espeon and Charizard. Yveltal has surpassed Rayquaza and Reshiram to become my 2nd favorite legendary of all time.

Least:

Gen 1: Blastoise
Gen 2: Feraligatr
Gen 3: I don't dislike any in particular, so I'll go with Mawile
Gen 4: Infernape and Magmortar
Gen 5: Volcarona.

Gen 6 so far: Swirlix. I hate all of the above with a burning passion except Mawile, so Swirlix isn't as bad as any of them but Mawile
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US