This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who else doesn't like the idea of collaborations?

#11Sid_StarkillerPosted 7/19/2013 5:38:21 PM
AuroraSonicBeam posted...
Am I the only one that sees the irony of this topic?

You mean that TC's sig mentions SSB, which is nothing but one giant crossover? That's really more hypocrisy than irony, but yes, I see it.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292-6017-5477 (Sid)
Statement: Just a simple droid here, ma'am. Nothing to see. Move along.
#12AuroraSonicBeamPosted 7/19/2013 5:39:36 PM
Sid_Starkiller posted...

You mean that TC's sig mentions SSB, which is nothing but one giant crossover? That's really more hypocrisy than irony, but yes, I see it.

THANK.YOU. And i was trying to be nice about it.
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#13X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/19/2013 5:41:35 PM
Sid_Starkiller posted...

Other than a few characters, you can't consider crossovers when 99% of them are under Nintendo.
That's like saying it's a "weird crossover" having Sonic in Phantasy Star
Better example... Sonic Sega Racing Allstars.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#14EnferolunosPosted 7/19/2013 5:45:12 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Sid_Starkiller posted...

Other than a few characters, you can't consider crossovers when 99% of them are under Nintendo.

Just because two franchises are owned by the same company doesn't preclude them from being crossovers
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#15X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/19/2013 5:45:49 PM
Enferolunos posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Sid_Starkiller posted...

Just because two franchises are owned by the same company doesn't preclude them from being crossovers

I do.
Same with Battle D.O.N. I don't know the english name for that game.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#16EnferolunosPosted 7/19/2013 5:47:08 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Enferolunos posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Sid_Starkiller posted...

I do.

Um
What?
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#17AuroraSonicBeamPosted 7/19/2013 5:48:16 PM
"A gaming crossover occurs when otherwise separated fictional characters, stories, settings, universes, or media in a video game meet and interact with each other"
---
If you fail to get krump....nothing you do in life will succeed.- Krump King ASB
Black 2: 0820-1866-0181
#18MasterSpectrobePosted 7/19/2013 6:00:45 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Enferolunos posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Sid_Starkiller posted...

I do.

Weird but I'm actually playing that game right now >_> It's called Battle Stadium D.O.N.and it never came out in the States
---
"Super Saiyans playing children's card games in space"
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/8537/superyuuma1.jpg
#19DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/19/2013 8:57:48 PM
Collaboration =/= crossover. When they use collaboration, it sounds more like Gamefreak is collaborating with another studio on one of their projects, and probably has nothing to do with Pokemon at all. Everyone seems to think that it's another Pokemon crossover despite the fact that there's no evidence in the silhouette or statement that implies this.
Or maybe the original phrasing was lost in translation, and it is a crossover. For now I still think it isn't Pokemon related.
---
Ovipositors
Official Frank Zappa of Every Board
#20IcyBlaze_XZPosted 7/19/2013 9:18:25 PM(edited)
smashman92 posted...
The collaborations don't make any sense and things always seem out of place. Take that other Pokemon collaboration from last year as an example. Warlords using Pokemon for conquest.

lol

please tell me you're kidding.

that makes perfect sense.

If anything, it's more believable that pokemon were used as tools of destruction and conquest rather than docile housepets in close proximity with one another in peaceful towns where 10 year old children go out on their and have friendly battles with them even though any one of them is capable of leveling cites.
---
b