This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here's what Game Freak is teasing at.

#1BlackBeetleborgPosted 7/20/2013 12:08:26 AM
Pokemon for the Wii U!

A Pokemon adventure game similar to the handheld versions, but with much better animations, environments, and an actual use for the Wii U game pad!

Use the game pad to find Pokemon in the Pokedex, open your bag and view berries, and TMs/HMs. Look at the game pad to view your moves in battle, the moods of your Pokemon, the next level they learn a move, when an egg hatches, set hotkeys to your most used items and more.

Complete rotating 3D models of any Pokemon you want to see. The first Pokemon in your party follows you on the big screen or game pad, in all of its highly detailed glory!

YOU CAN FINALLY JUMP! And with that addition, you can free roam and climb what ever the hell you want to climb. Climb into your creepy Pokemon house located in a random cave and fill it with dolls, chairs, tables, and pictures!

Having trouble fighting a Pokemon you've never seen before? That's okay, because the game pad acts as a freakin' real Pokedex that documents everything the moment it happens, and you can view it at any time, even during battle. Now you don't have to sit there and scratch your ass, wondering what some Pokemon is weak to, because it'll all be RIGHT THERE on your game pad!!

Finally, and most exciting for me, no more random battles. Pokemon are now visible in the grass, but will run and jump out at you. The screen will pause for a brief moment prompting you if you want to fight or run before anything even happens. If you choose to fight, then everything goes like it always does. If you choose to run, your character rolls out of the way and avoids a battle that most people might consider a waste of time. If you fail to press anything, you fight anyways. Don't like this option? YOU CAN TURN IT OFF!!!!
......Oh wait, it's some animal thing that we can barely see. Welp, looks like that idea is gone.
---
Happiest Song On The Planet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZi4VrAkm_E
LoL - BlueberryHuggles
#2DweezleMoonunitPosted 7/20/2013 12:09:52 AM
Nope, got nothing to do with Pokemon I'm out lol.
---
Ovipositors
Official Frank Zappa of Every Board
#3LightningAce11Posted 7/20/2013 12:11:19 AM
I hope we can jump.
---
PLEASE STOP WHINING ABOUT THE NEW POKEMON
Swiggity swag I'm a stag
#4SuperSonicDBZPosted 7/20/2013 12:29:28 AM
That'd be a refined version of this:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/15/pokemon-generations-commentary

We all want it. But Nintendo will never give it to us. :/
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#5Serebii from SPPPosted 7/20/2013 12:30:41 AM
SuperSonicDBZ posted...
That'd be a refined version of this:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/15/pokemon-generations-commentary

We all want it. But Nintendo will never give it to us. :/

We don't want that. That is not what Pokémon should be, gameplay wise.
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#6FuneralCakePosted 7/20/2013 12:31:30 AM
Yeah, I don't want that. At all. Speak for yourself. I think it looks terrible, personally.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#7ImOver9000Posted 7/20/2013 12:41:26 AM
I would buy a Wii U for a Pokemon game. No second thought needed.
---
"Yo Dr Insano, I'm really happy for u and I'm a let you finish, but womens rights was one of the best trolls ever." - Valkskorn
#8SuperSonicDBZPosted 7/20/2013 12:42:12 AM
Hey, Pokemon has never had a problem changing up the fourmula before. I wouldn't consider it a replacement for the turn based games we got now, but that game (polished up, mind you) couldn't do no worse then the Pokemon Rumble series.

Heck, Pokemon Conquest sold well and most people don't like anything attached to Koei's Warrior franchises.

If those games can make money and be considered good games, then Nintendo doing a version of that wouldn't do them any harm at all. I mean, do you think it'd be a BAD game? I don't. It'd just be fundamentally different from the base games we have now. And yeah, all of the current meta-game would go out the window. But that hasn't happened before, right?
---
Donnel is my # 1 bro. We fist bump, slay some risen, eat some chicken strips, bomb the Valmese and steal sugar from Gaius on a daily basis. Like a Boss. FE:A
#9Serebii from SPPPosted 7/20/2013 1:24:23 AM
The main series games will forever remain turn-based and will forever be on handhelds. The developers have said this much. The Wii U will only be for spin-off games, side games like Stadium at the absolute most.

Pokémon is designed to be on handhelds, and now with the 3DS being as powerful as the Wii, 3D models are no longer an issue, as seen with X & Y. As such, putting it on a home console will provide no further benefits other than crisper graphics, and will just end up cutting many of the game's major social features that require local play. The local portion of Pokémon, being able to take it with you etc. is a MASSIVE part of why Pokémon is so popular
---
Serebii from the amazing Serebii.net
Your #1 Source for ALL Pokémon Games & Anime info as the top online Pokédex & Attackdex!
#10jamieyelloPosted 7/20/2013 1:41:52 AM
A spin off game like that would force me to buy a wiiu.... But Nintendo will never make it so I will not buy a Wii u. Don't really need to buy new super mario bros 4 or super mario 3d land 2 or pikmin 3 or donkey kong country 2 or...

Hell any open world game would make me want one.
---
WHEEEEEERES YOOUUUR HEEAAAAD AAAT