This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People do realize that there are normal animals in the Pokemon world right?

#11jneal57Posted 7/20/2013 2:25:18 AM
CaptainGordon posted...
Kentucky Fried Combusken... mmm!

seasoned perfectly to have a real KICK to it
---
:3 kitty kitty
#12MelkacPosted 7/21/2013 7:13:34 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
CaptainGordon posted...

I know you're joking, but this made me think. It would be nearly impossible to raise most Pokemon for food. Considering they're self aware Pokemon would probably end up rebelling, and killing a lot of humans when they figured out what was going on.

Kentucky Fried Combusken? Please. That Combusken would evolve, and slaughter every human it saw. Hell I doubt a group of armed grown men could stand a chance against a Torchic with Ember.

Pokémon are not that smart, unless you're talking about the anime in which they're pretty much mute humans with animal forms and superpowers...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#13AysanderPosted 7/21/2013 7:16:16 PM
Melkac posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
CaptainGordon posted...

I know you're joking, but this made me think. It would be nearly impossible to raise most Pokemon for food. Considering they're self aware Pokemon would probably end up rebelling, and killing a lot of humans when they figured out what was going on.

Kentucky Fried Combusken? Please. That Combusken would evolve, and slaughter every human it saw. Hell I doubt a group of armed grown men could stand a chance against a Torchic with Ember.

Pokémon are not that smart, unless you're talking about the anime in which they're pretty much mute humans with animal forms and superpowers...

Eh...Manga too. Most of the pokemon are more intelligent than the trainers using them, seeing as they make a "you're kidding me, right?" face if they try and pull an Ash and put them up against pokes that are way stronger or have a type advantage. xD
#14X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/21/2013 7:16:26 PM
Hierarchy225 posted...
CaptainGordon posted...

You do know you can easily kill them for food the moment they hatch from an egg unless you're trying for a Kangaskhan or a Wailmer.
And of course if you eat animals.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#15agent9149Posted 7/21/2013 7:20:40 PM
I remember seeing regular fish in tank in an early first season episode of pokemon featuring the cerulean gym. It bothered me as a child and I could never forget that scene.
#16FuneralCakePosted 7/21/2013 7:20:58 PM
Most of the animals mentioned only exist in the anime, which I don't consider to be canon for the series as a whole. It's only canon in and of itself.

As for the other real-world examples, I like to think that it's so that we can relate to the Pokemon world. Saying something like "Gastly can knock out an Indian elephant" means more to us than saying "Gastly can knock out a Rhydon."
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night
#17legitgamer405Posted 7/21/2013 7:33:43 PM
SpikeTbear posted...
But Farfetch'd is so damn tasty. He even comes with his own seasoning.

Pokemon! Gotta eat 'em all!
---
3DS FC: 1564-2580-9641
#18StealthRockPosted 7/21/2013 7:36:15 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
CaptainGordon posted...

You do know you can easily kill them for food the moment they hatch from an egg unless you're trying for a Kangaskhan or a Wailmer.

Most animals we eat are more than capable of killing humans, not to mention they know when someone is trying to kill them and eat them, so I think killing a pokemon for food wouldn't be that much more difficult
---
R-truth Used Somersault Senton!
Miz avoided the attack! R-truth kept going and crashed! R-truth fainted!
#19X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/21/2013 7:38:35 PM
StealthRock posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
CaptainGordon posted...

Most animals we eat are more than capable of killing humans, not to mention they know when someone is trying to kill them and eat them, so I think killing a pokemon for food wouldn't be that much more difficult

I'm pretty sure a shark can't use Ice Beam.
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#20GX1997Posted 7/21/2013 7:39:10 PM
CaptainGordon posted...

If you like this,then

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000300-pokemon-emerald-social/66673405

One part has several references.
---
Emerald Nuzlocke:Solrenge,Aqua,Messenger,Zero,Aure,Loyal
Official Random Keyblade Master of the KH3 board since June 11,2013 12:06 am est