This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People do realize that there are normal animals in the Pokemon world right?

#21Cheesepower5Posted 7/21/2013 7:39:20 PM
StealthRock posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
CaptainGordon posted...
Kentucky Fried Combusken... mmm!

I know you're joking, but this made me think. It would be nearly impossible to raise most Pokemon for food. Considering they're self aware Pokemon would probably end up rebelling, and killing a lot of humans when they figured out what was going on.

Kentucky Fried Combusken? Please. That Combusken would evolve, and slaughter every human it saw. Hell I doubt a group of armed grown men could stand a chance against a Torchic with Ember.

You do know you can easily kill them for food the moment they hatch from an egg unless you're trying for a Kangaskhan or a Wailmer.
And of course if you eat animals.

Most animals we eat are more than capable of killing humans, not to mention they know when someone is trying to kill them and eat them, so I think killing a pokemon for food wouldn't be that much more difficult

I wonder if Mewtwo is susceptible to bullets...

I mean, they'd definitely tear it up, but Mewtwo could probably just stop them midair if he reacts fast enough.
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#22EchoPhoenixPosted 7/21/2013 7:40:29 PM
FuneralCake posted...
Most of the animals mentioned only exist in the anime, which I don't consider to be canon for the series as a whole. It's only canon in and of itself.

As for the other real-world examples, I like to think that it's so that we can relate to the Pokemon world. Saying something like "Gastly can knock out an Indian elephant" means more to us than saying "Gastly can knock out a Rhydon."

RBY/FRLG had a chef in the S.S. Anne that talked about cooking stuff like eel and salmon.
#23LightningHawk90Posted 7/21/2013 7:41:02 PM
Jaricko posted...
powerprotoman posted...
Jaricko posted...
They kinda vanished from the show and games at some point. Now its just pokemon. +1 to comatose theory.

you mean the theory where ash get hit by lightning during the spearow attack despite that never happening so how many points does a theory lose when it gets debunked

I cant remember all the details but it could easily be altered to when pikachu zapped him. I am not saying its true either. I just like the theory.

They could still be unconscious at the bottom of the S.S. Anne for all we know.
---
Hi. I'm RageKaiser. I'm here to ruin your unfunny topics.
#24UmuruPosted 7/21/2013 7:44:40 PM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
StealthRock posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Hierarchy225 posted...
CaptainGordon posted...
Kentucky Fried Combusken... mmm!

I know you're joking, but this made me think. It would be nearly impossible to raise most Pokemon for food. Considering they're self aware Pokemon would probably end up rebelling, and killing a lot of humans when they figured out what was going on.

Kentucky Fried Combusken? Please. That Combusken would evolve, and slaughter every human it saw. Hell I doubt a group of armed grown men could stand a chance against a Torchic with Ember.

You do know you can easily kill them for food the moment they hatch from an egg unless you're trying for a Kangaskhan or a Wailmer.
And of course if you eat animals.

Most animals we eat are more than capable of killing humans, not to mention they know when someone is trying to kill them and eat them, so I think killing a pokemon for food wouldn't be that much more difficult

I'm pretty sure a shark can't use Ice Beam.

Wild Sharpedo don't know Ice beam anyway...
#25X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/21/2013 7:49:33 PM
Umuru posted...

Wild Sharpedo don't know Ice beam anyway...

Someone said Combusken, okay then Torchic knowing Flame Burst right out of the Egg.
And you can't say they can't learn that "In the wild" because wild Pokémon obviously came out of eggs. So how about that one then?
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.
#26FuneralCakePosted 7/21/2013 7:55:13 PM
EchoPhoenix posted...
RBY/FRLG had a chef in the S.S. Anne that talked about cooking stuff like eel and salmon.

Fair enough. I could still say that it's still to immerse us in the world, to an extent, but stuff like that is kind of difficult to ignore.

I will say that most real-world references were directly from gen 1 games, and I think at that point in time, the series was just starting off and didn't really have its feet firmly planted yet, so to speak.

I would imagine that if Game Freak could go back and re-do things, they would remove all real-world references from the games. Still, we do have things like Poliwrath's Pokedex entry mentioning the Pacific Ocean, even currently.

I really want to think that half of the references are just so we can relate to them, while the other half of the references are just Game Freak not thinking things out completely.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night