This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my current concern about the starters and their evo's.

#1paiprPosted 7/20/2013 4:38:52 AM
To start let me say I'm a grass type fan, and as such from the get go I was wanting to use Chespin, specially after my wife started doting on it.

Also I'm a fan of the idea of a reverse triangle on the starters as well. So while not a hugely loving the grass/dark typing I was ok with it cause that gave us fire/psychic, and water/fighting.

Then came the rumors of Froakie as a ninja, and Fennekin as a warlock/sorcerer of sorts, which again I'm ok with, these sound fun. I've watched enough Naruto to know frogs and ninjas can be awesome, and a sorcerer fox sounds fun (specially ever since last gen for some reason I love the idea of a fire/psychic type)

But then, we come to Chespin, and the rumors of it being a bit of a knight. And when you combo that with the rumors of it being grass/dark, it just leaves me like....what? why dark? why not grass/steel, I mean if your gonna make a knight, steel seems like the obvious typing. Sure it doesn't fit with that reverse triangle, but still. Dark type is about mischievousness, and underhanded tactics, that doesn't sound like a knight to me. It just leaves me frustrated and suddenly hoping these rumors aren't true. I could handle a mischievous knight if it was steel/dark, but grass/dark knight while somewhat awesome also just sounds like an odd choice.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#2MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/20/2013 4:42:56 AM
I've always thought that thee reverse typings or advantages were stupid from the start.
An immunity does not balance out its crap typing :\
I would much prefer Grass/Rock or even part Steel.
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#3Swampert27Posted 7/20/2013 4:42:59 AM
Ok.
#4paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 4:51:58 AM
MyNameIsNotJen posted...
I've always thought that thee reverse typings or advantages were stupid from the start.
An immunity does not balance out its crap typing :\
I would much prefer Grass/Rock or even part Steel.

true an immunity doesnt balance out. but i think the idea was it was never about that immunity it was about the super effective hits working one direction in the triangle.
---
#5GoGoatPosted 7/20/2013 4:55:08 AM
paipr posted...

But then, we come to Chespin, and the rumors of it being a bit of a knight. And when you combo that with the rumors of it being grass/dark, it just leaves me like....what? why dark?

Knight Templar, maybe? Those kinds of characters are usually pretty dark due to being a bit hardcore.
---
Official Oblivion Keyblade of the KH3 Board
#6MyNameIsNotJenPosted 7/20/2013 5:02:39 AM
paipr posted...
true an immunity doesnt balance out. but i think the idea was it was never about that immunity it was about the super effective hits working one direction in the triangle.

You're right, it only hits in one direction.
Resistance or non-effectiveness will not work the other way.
What I'm pretty much saying is that... If this is all true (which I hope not) one immunity does not do such a horrible typing any justice. It about does nothing to it.
---
~When Pontius comes to kill the king upon his throne,
I'm ready for their stones~
#7Generic_PancakePosted 7/20/2013 5:04:02 AM
Am I really the the first to mention the Dark Knight?

Though in all seriousness, dark knights are a thing, and I'm not referring to Batman.
---
I have a life thank you. Or at least I can pretend. SHUT UP D< - Me again lol
I is a ladeh. FCs in profile.
#8andrewx72Posted 7/20/2013 5:07:05 AM
Maybe it could be like a Wight Knight sort of thing.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.11
#9paipr(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 5:40:18 AM
true there are those "black knights" and jerk knights, and dark knights, wight knights, etc. but even then they seem better served as a dark/steel non starter.
---
#10gladwyn101Posted 7/20/2013 5:49:31 AM
The Black Knight is INVINCIBLE!
---
4e is not D&D, but WoW making a Disguise check.
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 0605-2800-9952; Trainer Name: Solace; First Pokemon (roleplaying): Snivy (Monty)