This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why didn't they make serperior Grass/Poison?

#1Thepenguinking2Posted 7/20/2013 7:21:58 AM
First off, Grass/Poison is one of the most obvious type combinations, and I'm suprised there were none for gen 5.

Considering the lack of Grass/Poison types in gen 5, I thought they would've made serperior Grass/poison to make sure future Poison type gym leaders (A.K.A: Roxie) Have an extra poison type.

Serperior learns MANY poison type moves in its movepool too. Is it because Poison typing would make serperior too good? For instance lets say a bunch of kids with Infrared connection and 3DSes are battling. One has Embacon and one has Serperior. Embacon is supposed to be at advantage here, but one of his STABS (Fighting) Is NFE against Serperior. And because of this. probably every one would choose Serperior instead of the other 2 starters instead.
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 34
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
#2PrettyTonyTigerPosted 7/20/2013 7:24:14 AM
poison type stopped existing after gen 1
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#3Xerneas66Posted 7/20/2013 7:27:30 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
First off, Grass/Poison is one of the most obvious type combinations, and I'm suprised there were none for gen 5.

Considering the lack of Grass/Poison types in gen 5, I thought they would've made serperior Grass/poison to make sure future Poison type gym leaders (A.K.A: Roxie) Have an extra poison type.

Serperior learns MANY poison type moves in its movepool too. Is it because Poison typing would make serperior too good? For instance lets say a bunch of kids with Infrared connection and 3DSes are battling. One has Embacon and one has Serperior. Embacon is supposed to be at advantage here, but one of his STABS (Fighting) Is NFE against Serperior. And because of this. probably every one would choose Serperior instead of the other 2 starters instead.

Serperior learns 3 poison moves. None of them do damage (directly). 1 of them is learned by pretty much every Pokemon ever.

Having a Grass/Poison typing wouldn't exactly give it any advantage over the other starters. It still has a sucky movepool and meh stats.
#4-Oath-Posted 7/20/2013 7:27:51 AM
I guess he was too elegant for poison.
#5ZTIger5Posted 7/20/2013 7:28:07 AM
Thepenguinking2 posted...
Serperior learns MANY poison type moves in its movepool too.

I know you're just messing with SkylaIsMyWife for his Charizard topic, but at least try harder: Coil, Gastro Acid and Toxic isn't exactly "MANY" Poison-type moves. And just for the sake of saying it, nobody in their right mind would use Emboar's Fighting attacks against Serperior for obvious reasons.

Still, I would have liked Serperior to be Grass/Poison. Maybe then it would have a more diverse movepool.
---
Playing) Fire Emblem: Awakening, Guild Wars 2
Waiting) Pokemon XY
#6paiprPosted 7/20/2013 7:49:59 AM
honestly serperior makes more sense as a grass/poison type than bulbasaur line does.

that said im glad serperior wasnt /poison type. i like that we have some serpents that arent poison type. its just so obvious to make them that type, that its to obvious.
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#7EnferolunosPosted 7/20/2013 7:52:12 AM
paipr posted...
honestly serperior makes more sense as a grass/poison type than bulbasaur line does.

Oh? Explain
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#8paiprPosted 7/20/2013 8:00:53 AM
Enferolunos posted...
paipr posted...

Oh? Explain

just cause im not sure what about bulbasaur screams /poison, where at least serperior has the snake thing going for it, and many snakes are known to be poisonous
---
dandelion + flabebe + fairy wind = saddest moment in pokemon.
3ds fc. jd, 0602-6823-9646 or 0146.9112.0071
#9Terrene07Posted 7/20/2013 8:06:45 AM
Because pythons aren't poisonous.
---
Official Aeleus of the Kingdom Hearts III Board
#10EnferolunosPosted 7/20/2013 8:10:38 AM
paipr posted...
Enferolunos posted...
paipr posted...

Oh? Explain

just cause im not sure what about bulbasaur screams /poison, where at least serperior has the snake thing going for it, and many snakes are known to be poisonous

Well, many reptiles are poisonous, not just snakes. Also, Venusaur has a Rafflesia on it's back, and they may not be poisonous, but they smell vile
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you