This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D: Poison type should be changed to Toxic type

#11FenriLokiPosted 7/20/2013 10:10:19 AM
Considering how all the other types work, I'm gonna say poison in pokemon works differently. Besides, I'm sure there are more glaring misnomers and problems that I still don't mind.

And I'm a zoology major, so biology is kinda my thing; I can still forgive pokemon.
---
The official Megami Tensei Art Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board. Why? Why not? Because. Maybe. Exactly. My hair is bigger than you.
#12Arne83Posted 7/20/2013 10:13:01 AM
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Arne83 posted...
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Isn't it the same thing...?
"It's toxic, it can kill you."
"It's poisonus, it can kill you."
"It's venomous, it can kill you."
"It's Justin Beaver's music, it can kill you."

Well, no. Like he said... in order for a venom to work, it needs to injected directing into the blood stream. A poison on the other hand, doesn't... It can be ingested, absorbed through the skin, etc.

But, at the same time... I'm gonna have to say D.

So I can bathe in venom and not die?
I need to get my spiders in a spitting contest and fast.

More than that. You can drink venom and walk away ok. Just as long as you don't have any open wounds in your digestive tract... or a really bad ulcer.
---
More of a Pokemon fan than TherianReturns will ever be.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." - Agent K.
#13PrettyTonyTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 10:17:40 AM
Why would you agree but choose D anyways?
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#14TengYtPosted 7/20/2013 10:18:42 AM
Flying type needs to be renamed. Peck and Wing Attacks are attacks caused by birds, but not all birds are flying types.
---
"Good idea. I wouldn't want to score with a guy's hand on my ass." - Kingdom_of_Wu2
#15PrettyTonyTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 10:19:50 AM
TengYt posted...
Flying type needs to be renamed. Peck and Wing Attacks are attacks caused by birds, but not all birds are flying types.

Bird type used to be a thing but it was way too specific so i'm kinda ok with birdy moves being flying type.
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically
#16EnferolunosPosted 7/20/2013 10:19:59 AM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
Why would you agree but choose D anyways?

Because none of the types are particularly literal
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#17Great_ReapettePosted 7/22/2013 12:47:55 PM
Yes, then fuse Ghost and Fairy into Spirit, and Spirit and Psychic into Paranormal. Then fuse Ground and Rock into Dirt, and mix in Grass, Bug, Ice, Steel, and Water to get Nature. Toxic, Electric and Fire then fuse into Hazardous type. Dark becomes Dirty, which is mistaken as Dirt, meaning Dirty is then mixed into Nature as well. Flying and Dragon become Aerial, which now includes Charizard. Normal and Fighting become Heroic.
---
Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
#18Jarred623Posted 7/22/2013 12:51:05 PM
ITT: Pokemon needs to teach kids things, not rot their brains.

Yeah not gonna happen.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#19The_Undying_84Posted 7/22/2013 1:01:50 PM
You could do the same thing with:
Grass to Plant
Fire to Heat
Ice to Cold
Steel to Metal

And they would all make more sense than Poison to Toxic IMO.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#20PrettyTonyTiger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 10:11:02 PM
Great_Reapette posted...
Yes, then fuse Ghost and Fairy into Spirit, and Spirit and Psychic into Paranormal. Then fuse Ground and Rock into Dirt, and mix in Grass, Bug, Ice, Steel, and Water to get Nature. Toxic, Electric and Fire then fuse into Hazardous type. Dark becomes Dirty, which is mistaken as Dirt, meaning Dirty is then mixed into Nature as well. Flying and Dragon become Aerial, which now includes Charizard. Normal and Fighting become Heroic.

What you're doing is fusing many different types together. That would destroy in game balance, and require way too much rehauling people wouldn't take kindly too.
---
TIGERJACKS0N posted...
I am god basically