This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it normal?

#31SirPikachuPosted 7/21/2013 11:53:00 AM
If anyone says that you're weird for liking Pokémon, they're wrong and probally pretty stupid. I mean for instance, I'm 15 and my cousin and aunt were saying stuff like "aren't you too old to play pokémon? You wont get anywhere playing Pokémon!" But my aunt works as a mailwoman and barely has enogh money to live on and still buys Zelda and harvest moon games as soon as they're avalible for pre-order, and my cousin is 19 years old, still lives with her mom and barely graduated high school. I'm 15, have a 3.8 GPA, now you tell me who's going to be more successful in about 3 years.

Bottom line, if anyone says you're weird for liking Pokémon, tell them to shut up. Don't ever try to be "normal," because if you try to be anything other than yourself, you're going to be miserable.
#32INUSEINUSEPosted 7/21/2013 11:59:13 AM
You are weird for asking, now get the hell out of my website.
#33MetaFalconPunchPosted 7/21/2013 12:01:51 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
What does normal mean even

Not you.
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#34dearestnightPosted 7/21/2013 12:05:35 PM
I'm turning 30 in a handful of months here and I'll tell you this one thing right now:

Enjoy what you enjoy, and don't ever base your interests (or their worth) on how you will be interpreted by others. All it will do is make it more of a pain in the ass to find people with similar interests who's company you can enjoy as well. There's no normal, just majority or minority when it comes to what you like. The current lady in my life would kick a guy out for talking over Adventure Time, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also.....crap. I'm turning 30. Why on Earth did I type that so I'd see it. Damn it. lol. Stupid 90's TV training a sense of dread over that number into my brain....
#35stavrosyomafias(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 12:57:20 PM
SirPikachu posted...
If anyone says that you're weird for liking Pokémon, they're wrong and probally pretty stupid. I mean for instance, I'm 15 and my cousin and aunt were saying stuff like "aren't you too old to play pokémon? You wont get anywhere playing Pokémon!" But my aunt works as a mailwoman and barely has enogh money to live on and still buys Zelda and harvest moon games as soon as they're avalible for pre-order, and my cousin is 19 years old, still lives with her mom and barely graduated high school. I'm 15, have a 3.8 GPA, now you tell me who's going to be more successful in about 3 years.

Bottom line, if anyone says you're weird for liking Pokémon, tell them to shut up. Don't ever try to be "normal," because if you try to be anything other than yourself, you're going to be miserable.

Thanks for the answer, you are right.

Thanks all of you btw.

I also couldn't believe to get so many answers.
---
PSN: stavrosyomafias
#36Montymole11Posted 7/21/2013 2:06:27 PM
Not normal. SWAG TO HAVE POKÉMON AT 16.
---
Official Chespin of the XY Boards.
Check out my awesome Pokemon website at https://www.pokemonxystuff.wordpress.com
#37FuneralCakePosted 7/21/2013 2:10:38 PM
I think something is seriously wrong if Pokemon is your favorite console game.
---
THAT'S MISS FUNERAL CAKE TO YOU
love me like it's prom night