This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

who here doesn't keep starter on team?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. who here doesn't keep starter on team?
2 years ago#11
Didn't in Platinum (I was kinda paranoid I wouldn't be able to beat Cynthia, so ditched Torterra mid-game).
Didn't in White 2 (in my defence, I'd already used all the Unova starters in Black, and Blaziken is technically a starter).
Don't plan to in Y (or whatever) because I prefer unconventional base stat distributions and animated object Pokémon (that this board will inevitably kvetch about) over animal-based Pokémon.
2 years ago#12
I always keep my starters. I didn't play gen 5 but i hate all those starters so I probably wouldn't have kept any of those
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
2 years ago#13
Noctus3 posted...
Did until 5th gen.....

I didn't use my starter in Red either. But yeah, this pretty much. Didn't have a choice with Typhlosion (Houdoom couldn't be obtained yet). Blaziken, Swampert, and Sceptile were all good. Didn't like Infernape but I loved Torterra and Empoleon. Black and White's starters? Just...eww.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
2 years ago#14
so for i plan on using the fire bird and the psy/dark squid

still looking to see what else is out there especially for ground type
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
2 years ago#15
i've never outright ditched it. i usually keep them in my party, but in BW2 i had snivy and it was terribled so i mained the mystery gift genesect instead.
2 years ago#16
I benched Tepig (might have been Pignite by then) for the in-game Victini that you could get for a while. Only gen I did not at least get the Starter through the Elite 4 Round 1.
2 years ago#17
Depends. I once did a Eevee game, so I ditched that grass turtle.

I planned to do it in Black 2 (Rotom team), but I just couldn't manage getting the Rotoms from D/P to B2. It was too much work.
---
Official President of the The National Association for the Preservation of Manikins (SMT: Nocturne)
2 years ago#18
Noctus3 posted...
Did until 5th gen.....

---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon
2 years ago#19
I always have a starter as the 'leader' of the team, even in competitive teams.
---
GamerTag: SorrowOfAcheron, RageOfFenrisulf
Eurynome, Lv.200 Sorcerer
2 years ago#20
Only ditch my starter in nuzlockes, that's when it dies, which it has happened only once so far.
Aquabowser... I miss you... ;_;
---
Mentions of Zangoose since 6/27/2013 as of this post: 36
Official Shadow Zangoose of the X board and Salamence of PGD!
(edited by Thepenguinking2)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon X
  3. who here doesn't keep starter on team?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived