This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

who here doesn't keep starter on team?

#21TheCorruptAngelPosted 7/20/2013 12:00:00 PM
It really depends. Post-game I tend to stop using my starter if I find something better, and in the case of B/W/BW2 I stopped using my starter completely by the sixth gym in favour of something better. I don't care about looks so much as I care about how much it fits in my team and cold, hard stats, and the starters in Gen 5 were pretty useless in general.

In some cases I don't have much of a choice, like being forced to use Infernape throughout Diamond because there were absolutely no fire types at all for an extremely long time and the one fire type you find is already outclassed by Infernape when you get to it.

Whether I keep the Gen 6 starters or not depends on how well they do and if I find anything better, particularly considering I tend to have a totally different team by the end.
---
Your words are as empty as your signature!
What is a signature? A miserable little pile of secrets!
#22CaptainRandom1Posted 7/20/2013 12:26:28 PM
I do beacuse once it starts breeding I can trade starter pokemon for anything.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#23zinformantPosted 7/20/2013 12:28:25 PM
CaptainRandom1 posted...
I do beacuse once it starts breeding I can trade starter pokemon for anything.

How is that related to raising your starter? You can breed your starter whether it's level 15 or 55.
---
Go to Gamestop, buy a Steam card, and use it to purchase Ys Origin. You won't be disappointed.
Ocean should not derail the train.
#24RotomGuy3Posted 7/20/2013 12:29:30 PM
Always, always keep my starters in my team. Competitive teams rarely contain them though.
#25JarickoPosted 7/20/2013 12:33:16 PM
Following the first save file i tend to ditch the starter at some point early on.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#26JarickoPosted 7/20/2013 12:35:15 PM
MidnightCrew posted...
i'd never done it before B/W2, when I was just tired of Servine's uselessness and traded her in for a Roselia. :c

Snivy is one of the pure plant type lines that is not worthless. Although I will agree that its very limited for story mode. Secret ability Serperior is great offensively and Sub Seed Serperior is pretty good too.
---
Rotom Fan With an Air Balloon
YO DOG i heard you like yo Rotom's High. So i gave it a balloon so it can be fly while he high while he way up in the sky! Dog!
#27aznStaRBoYPosted 7/20/2013 12:35:58 PM
I always kept it and never really had the temptation for ditching it.

I always managed to choose the most useful of the starters, which is always the water type.
---
[This message was deleted by a gameFAQs moderator]
#28Yo_Yo_CheesePosted 7/20/2013 12:44:46 PM
I always keep my starter on my in-game team for the entire game. I also always make sure that it's the highest leveled Pokemon on my team.
---
Mains: GG: Chipp | BB: Tager | AH3: Catherine | SG: Valentine \ Cerebella
Subs: GG: Robo-Ky, Sol | BB: Jin, Platinum | AH3: Eko, Lilica
#29Cheesepower5Posted 7/20/2013 12:47:33 PM
I try to use all three starters, then if I still play after that I'll use a team without one.
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#30LordTrinenPosted 7/20/2013 12:52:46 PM
I never abandon my starter. It is always a part of my team and usually the strongest. I don't even like to remove it from my party.