This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

who here doesn't keep starter on team?

#41Kyle901Posted 7/20/2013 3:15:17 PM
I have always used a starter except for the 5th gen where I never used one past the second gym. They were just awful and outclassed and ugly and I hate them and all their forms >:(
---
We never got an answer, The question slipped my mind
I've been so busy killing, That I haven't found the time
#42RAPTall1Posted 7/20/2013 3:20:35 PM
I always keep my starter through the main game, just because it makes me feel more attached to the character choosing his/her first pokemon that stays with you. After that, usually will bench most/all of my ingame party for a competitive/endgame team.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#43zrh5033Posted 7/20/2013 3:22:28 PM
Gen 1: venusaur used till end

Gen 2: meganium was used back and forth as I used an exeggutor I believe

Gen 3: Swampert used till end but in my sceptile run I forgot what grass I used. I was sad I evolved grovyle

Gen 4: used all three in different runs then on fourth run I traded empoleon and infernape over, bred them and raised the offspring since they would have me as their OT.

Gen 5: ditched Serperior for Simisage and was not disappointed.

Gen 6: I know I'm using Chespin but well see what his evos are if they suck it'll be froakie
---
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas! <(^_^<)(>^_^)>
Official Yarne of the FE: Awakening Board! Bunny monster!!!
#44PKMNTrainerPinkPosted 7/20/2013 3:23:12 PM
Kyle901 posted...
I have always used a starter except for the 5th gen where I never used one past the second gym. They were just awful and outclassed and ugly and I hate them and all their forms >:(

I thought Oshawott was cute
I thought Dewoot was so cool
I thought Samurott was an ugly waste of space.
Seriously??? It's like they changed their mind on what they wanted the water type to be but they ran out of time to change the first two forms. ugh.
---
Hi, I'm PKMN Trainer Pink!!! I don't think I'll ever get my own game, but if I do, I'll have a whole team consisting of cute pokemon just for laughs!!
#45GamersTavernPosted 7/20/2013 3:52:13 PM
The starter is pretty much the only thing I use throughout the whole game, so this is something I've never done before. It's just that they level up so quickly that I can practically steamroll the entire game with brute force. I know it's kind of boring to play the game that way, but I don't really have the patience to raise a balanced team of Pokemon.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#46LotrMorgoth(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 4:20:47 PM
yea i usually stop at four pokemon with one hm slave and usually one of the legendary and/or handed over pokemon which start at higher level

grinding in other rpgs is fun; in pokemon it kinda sucks
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#47PlayerFiftyOnePosted 7/20/2013 4:52:06 PM
It's usually always on my team. Exceptions include HG where Typhlosion was replaced for my old Charizard and Gen V cause the starters are terribad.
---
"Oh, I must've been butter back then, because I was on a ROLL, BABY." - Wyrmwarrior5
#48ArabianPenguinsPosted 7/20/2013 4:58:26 PM
Only for 5th gen.
---
Cal State Northridge. Matador Pride
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146