This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i never understood why starter pokemon were so important

#1Tatakai-No-KamiPosted 7/20/2013 10:27:54 AM
gamefreak ALWAYS goes out of their way to try and make starter pokemon good/cool/well designed and it seems like a lot of their thinking power gets put into that. but, who cares? why cant we pick our own starter pokemon? theres no way they could ever manage to appeal to everyone with just 3 pokemon. there will always be haters, who dont like any of the starters.

what they need to do is just come up with a list of pokemon, like maybe 1 of each type that has 2 stages and then let us choose whichever one we want out of those.

or they could make it be like mystery dungeon, where they ask you a bunch of questions at the start the relate to your personality or w.e and then after you answer maybe 5-10 questions, a starter is generated for you that represents you best.
---
the official BAT DRAGON of the pokemon X/Y boards
#2EnferolunosPosted 7/20/2013 10:29:54 AM
Or if you don't like the starters, don't use it
Nobody's making you use it
Not even in pokemon Yellow
---
Currently awaiting: Lunar Knights 2, Pikmin 3, XY, WW HD, LR:FFXIII, X, LoZ U, FFXV, KHIII
Skarmory would slap the hell outta you
#3Red_RosemonPosted 7/20/2013 10:33:47 AM(edited)
The only thing I don't like about the starters is they pretty much always get stuck with the ups type moves power in a pinch ability.
---
Red Rosemon: http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4627/bestboobsintown.jpg
#4Second_ChancesPosted 7/20/2013 10:35:13 AM
Your starter is your first friend in the game world, it's meant to stay with you throughout the game as something you can always rely on. Not using your starter is like making a friend in school and then completely ignoring them a few minutes later because you make another friend who's less ugly or has fancier toys. Or something. I'm not very good at analogies like that.

Seriously though, it's not like you have to use it.
#5AmphetaPosted 7/20/2013 10:36:35 AM
Starters are never found in the wild.
#6X_Ayumi_XPosted 7/20/2013 10:37:18 AM
Tatakai-No-Kami posted...
gamefreak ALWAYS goes out of their way to try and make starter pokemon good/cool/well designed and it seems like a lot of their thinking power gets put into that. but, who cares? why cant we pick our own starter pokemon? theres no way they could ever manage to appeal to everyone with just 3 pokemon. there will always be haters, who dont like any of the starters.

what they need to do is just come up with a list of pokemon, like maybe 1 of each type that has 2 stages and then let us choose whichever one we want out of those.

or they could make it be like mystery dungeon, where they ask you a bunch of questions at the start the relate to your personality or w.e and then after you answer maybe 5-10 questions, a starter is generated for you that represents you best.

1. This is the 1st Gen that I only like 1 starter and the other Gens I like 2 or at least 3 (only Gen I and Gen II I liked all 3)

2. Questions? So I'll always start with Gastly in every game?
---
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.