This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

We need more gender based abilities

#81Peachrules14Posted 7/20/2013 10:43:05 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...

My experiences are a bit different. It seems most people I know who are religious use it to put down homosexuals, including my family. Really sucks being gay in a conservative Christian family >_>

Yup. Lol.
---
3DS Code:1332-7829-1699
#82EmeraldRangePosted 7/20/2013 11:30:27 PM
Calm down, everyone. Take a deep breath. Please note that the topic is about gender-based abilities for a Pokemon game on a Pokemon game board. We should be arguing about what the abilities effect on the game will be not on religion and homosexuality across the world.
---
Don't read this sentence.
#83xyzlacticPosted 7/21/2013 12:36:21 AM
Being gay isn't a choice just like being straight isn't a choice.

Whoever thinks any of it is being a choice must be ignorant.

Me: I wanna choose to be gay cause I wanna get discriminated against, bullied, killed, etc! Yay harassment!
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#84LexifoxPosted 7/21/2013 12:41:29 AM
Wow this topic really took off.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#85NaitoOkamiPosted 7/21/2013 3:08:47 AM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
SirPikachu posted...
Noctus3 posted...
Taste the rainbow: makes pokemon of the same gender become attracted.

America would ban it instantly.

No, Japan would.

America is becoming fairly accepting (We do not claim the deep south, they do not count here), Japan is much more conservative.

Japan is conservative? The country where you can buy womens used underwear from a vending machine?
#86ElectricNovaPosted 7/21/2013 3:13:10 AM
It's kind silly that in Pokémon there's only gender and not sex.

I mean, sure, if an animal of the male sex and one of the female sex do the stuff, sure, an egg. Makes sense.

But i'm not sure if animals (including Pokémon) even can have a gender.

TLDR: Pokémon uses the term gender wrong and should use sex instead
---
"France is a place for beauty....and beauty makes people want to sex you..." Nightinangle, on the topic of France
Official Rayquaza of X and Y boards
#87Cheesepower5Posted 7/21/2013 5:40:53 AM
NaitoOkami posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
SirPikachu posted...
Noctus3 posted...
Taste the rainbow: makes pokemon of the same gender become attracted.

America would ban it instantly.

No, Japan would.

America is becoming fairly accepting (We do not claim the deep south, they do not count here), Japan is much more conservative.

Japan is conservative? The country where you can buy womens used underwear from a vending machine?

They're not exactly on every street corner. I'm told there was one, one time on one street that got removed.

Japan is like 90% old people, of course it's conservative.
---
My way is the high way. You'd have to be lactose intolerant to not learn to love it.
Ha! Cheese puns.
#88LexifoxPosted 7/21/2013 6:03:35 AM
Japan is more tolerant of homosexuality, but not necessarily more accepting. The Pokemon games, for example, have had LGBT characters in it that were censored outside of Japan, but they weren't there in a particularly serious context. Hiker Andy, for example, was meant to be a joke and/or make you uncomfortable, and in BW2 he's sobbing uncontrollably over Hilbert and comments on how much his soul is like Rosa's.
---
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod
#89fissionprimerPosted 7/21/2013 6:07:16 AM
How is this abilities topic changed to homosexual discussion?
---
I'm handsome too ;)
#90MidniteZoruaPosted 7/21/2013 7:00:01 AM(edited)
*on topic*

I honestly wouldn't mind some kind of genderbending ability or move (though the effects shouldn't be permanent, if it's a move that affects a target, else some would turn their starters, etc. into females, easily bypassing the 12.5% female ratio these Pokemon have). Sounds kinda gimmicky/touchy, but eh. Though, at the very least, I would like to see the move Transform actually copy gender this gen. Having used a Smeargle with Transform since Gen4, I've always found it a bit strange when he turned into a male Cresselia or male Celebi. >_> Though, it's not like you'll really see any Pokemon transforming outside of Ditto and occasionally Mew, which are genderless.
---
3DS: 3566-1678-7442 (Mid*nite)
Official Zorua of the Pokemon X / Y boards.