This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gym Leaders - Instead of type

#11MetaFalconPunchPosted 7/20/2013 3:54:12 PM
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
CharizardFire posted...
Type is a good enough theme.

No it's NOT. It's outdated and overdone. Type gyms just encourage "bring a lot of this type". It's no real challange. Imagine stat based gyms, like speed or attack. Speed with pokemon teams like accelgor, jolteon, electrode etc.

This. I would love for a variety of strategies instead of "bring one-two pokemon of a certain type and sweep".
---
Pretend this signature is a basilisk. You are now dead.
#12AysanderPosted 7/20/2013 3:59:28 PM
While it's a cool though, I don't think they should stray away from types, really...that's one area I totally agree with peeps on when it comes to the "change is bad" theory.

Gamefreak just needs to get SMARTER with how the gym lleaders fight...Elesa and Clay came close in gen 5, yet Drayden's dragons didn't pack superpower >.>
#13PT_PiranhaPosted 7/20/2013 4:00:10 PM
MetaFalconPunch posted...
PrettyTonyTiger posted...
CharizardFire posted...
Type is a good enough theme.

No it's NOT. It's outdated and overdone. Type gyms just encourage "bring a lot of this type". It's no real challange. Imagine stat based gyms, like speed or attack. Speed with pokemon teams like accelgor, jolteon, electrode etc.

This. I would love for a variety of strategies instead of "bring one-two pokemon of a certain type and sweep".

But as I pointed out, the enemy Pokemon aren't restricted to same-type attacks, you know. It's completely possible for them to still beat you with surprise type attacks.

And sometimes, Pokemon of the effective type aren't even available at the time, or at least hard to acquire.
---
Remember, don't take video games too seriously- Plenty of GameFAQs users will do that for you.
-Official Kira of GameFAQs-